Alternate Universe I

Ben POV:

It was just another day in my life at spy school. I woke up, went to class, got my butt kicked by the self-preservation teacher, fell asleep in Mr. Crandall's class,  and got food poisoning from lunch. 

Erica was still acting as distant as ever, sitting at her usual empty table eating a salad and reading a textbook. 

"I wish something cool would happen," Zoe groaned. "It's so boring."

"Yeah," Mike agreed. "Also, Ben's feeling a bit sad Erica isn't paying him any attention."

"What?" I asked, trying to act surprised.

"Just so you know," Zoe said, "You suck at lying."

"Fine," I admitted. "So what? She isn't talking to anyone."

"She should at least talk to you," Mike said. "You're her boyfriend."  

"No, I'm not," I protested.

"Surree," Mike laughed.

"By the way, I have to get back to my room. I forgot to do some homework," I said truthfully.  I walked back to my room. But as I stepped into my room, my head started spinning and hurt like crazy. I grabbed for my bedside table, but it suddenly seemed so far away and soon all I saw was black.

I woke up in my room again. What had happened? I thought. I walked outside, bumping into Mike.

"Oh, hi Ben!" he said cheerfully.

"What's so good?"

"You forgot?" he asked, puzzled. "I'm having my first date with Zoe!"

"Oh wow," I said, puzzled myself. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," he grinned. "I have to go get ready. See you later!" he ran off to his own room, and I sat there confused. He never said anything about a date with Zoe. Whatever, I thought. I must have forgotten. 

I checked my class schedule, wondering what class I had next. Surprisingly, it was actually a Saturday! Now I was really confused. It was actually a Friday before I had that blackout. This was getting really weird. I decided to walk around the school and see if everything else was weird. First stop: The library.

When I got to the library, I ran into Erica who was walking out.

"Oh, hey Ben!" she said. "Can I tell you something in private?"

"Sure," I replied, confused by her happy attitude. I followed her to a secluded room in the school. She turned around and faced me, stepping a little closer to me.

"Um, so what do you wanna do?" I asked. I didn't know it, but the weirdest thing of the day was about to happen to me. Without answering, she stepped even closer to me until we were face to face. Then she did something that basically stopped my heart.

She kissed me.

The kiss was long and passionate, Erica holding my cheeks in her hands and pressing her lips onto mine. After a while, she started to gently chew on my lower lip, moaning slightly.

The whole time, I just stood there like a statue, frozen with shock. When she broke off, she smiled at me and walked off, probably back to the library.