Omen of the Future: Ch.3

John Kennedy Jr. had been born for just 24 hours. The stress was off Jack's thoughts without that. But when he came back up to the residence, he saw Jackie was asleep with the infant on the bed. Jack was confused. Why isn't John on the crib?

The baby jolted awake instantly. He started to babble. Jack was stunned. Good hearing, he thought.

John babbled and began to cry as Jack looked at Jackie. Jackie was sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Jack...oh my God." She burst into tears

He looked at the baby. "Jackie? What's wrong?" And why is the baby on the bed? He added silently to himself.

Jackie rubbed the baby's arm. "Jack...it's not what it looks like."

Jack glanced down at John who babbling and trying to say something but with no teeth and a weak mouth, he couldn't say anything. "He's acting strange," he commented.

"Exactly," Jackie said. "I came to the conclusion he was killed like you were."

Jack was stunned. John though, for some reason, understood this. He babbled and clapped his hands nodding.

"See?" Jackie asked. "He tells me that."

John babbled at her and clapped his hands again up and down.

Jack sighed. "There has to be some way he can tell us our future. Let's figure out in the morning tomorrow...that is if I don't have to work."

Jackie obliged. She fell back asleep as Jack changed into his PJ's. John was wide awake, staring at Jack as he changed. Jack avoided his gaze.

John babbled happily as Jack got in the bed beside him. Three seconds later, both of them were out cold, sprawled out on the bed sheet.

The maid found the two young parents asleep with the baby who seemed at peace at 9 in the morning. She decided to leave them for another hour in peace.