Omen of the Future: Ch.10

After Ted's accident, John Jr noticed that his uncle acted awkwardly and short tempered. It all started after Joan had given him that Chinese chicken, John pondered.

When he could walk, and when his parents were off to the summit in Vienna, John knew that his uncles were visiting today. Using his chubby legs, John walked to his Uncle Ted's room.

Ted was staring at the wall, chewing his lip and rubbing his arm. He didn't notice John walk in.

John got on the bed. "Uh...hi..." Ted had been off limits when he hadn't been a time travel freak and it drove John crazy that he couldn't be able to talk with his uncle when he hadn't been a time travel freak.

Ted glances down and saw his nephew staring at him with wide brown eyes. "John," he says, nodding.

"Uncle...can you tell me...?"

"About what happened after you died? Sure. Sit down." He patted the spot beside him. John happily obliged.

Ted started his story. It was bone chilling, John thought. He was stunned at Ted's ending and how he had died at brain cancer.

John crawled out of the room but to his annoyance Jerry picked him up.
"Where are you going, John? Why are you out your room?"

Put me down! John wanted to scream but he knew he couldn't blabber like that. He couldn't let anyone know he talked.

Jerry set him on the bed of his crib and John groaned. "Stupid agents," he spat after Jerry left.

It was 2 pm. Caroline was in her classroom with her friends and all John wanted to do was explore.

John climbed out but he hit his head by accident on the bunk. He didn't cry though which was mature for his age.

"Daddy. I miss you." John said quietly. "When will you be back?"

The maid found the little boy asleep on his crib, snoring soundessly as he slept.