Omen of the Future: Ch.4

John Kennedy Jr., child of the great warrior, John Kennedy, was growing confused and frustrated at the same time.

When he opened his eyes, he had been rewarded to a harsh light. It couldn't be heaven. The light would be more dim. But as he looked into the eyes of his savior demanding to know where Carolyn was, he was greeted by the look of a man wearing all blue and a mask to cover his face and nose. John had panicked.

He had tried to speak but all that came out where babbles. When he looked at the mirror, he saw that his face was younger and...he was a baby again?!

John was confused. All he could do was thrash and panic as the man handed him to another. John blinked and looked up.

Dad? His eyes grew wide like saucers as he saw the man. Okay, I'm dead...but why am I a baby?

Confusion pondered in his head, but his foolish parents had to find out his secret after three months.

After those three months, John began to mature more quickly then any other baby his age. Jackie, his mother, noticed it. She reported it to Jack. They decided to wait till morning, it was fine with John. He was tired of all the attention he had caused in the past few weeks.

John fell asleep, the panic draining from his body. He was rudely awakened by Jack sitting up. Jackie tried to shush him but it was too late. John was sitting up, looking hyper.

"Jack!" Jackie hissed.

"Sorry, back hurts," Jack replied. John eavesdropped into the conversation.

Jackie was annoyed. "Great. Now we have to go along with the plan."

Jack looked at John, who stared back at him. "Maybe..." Jack started. "...he can write...?"

John wanted to say, "Yeah! Let's try that."

Smiling, Jack picked him up. "Right, Sam? You can write, right?"

John babbled and shook his head. My name's not Sam! He thought angrily.

Jack tickled his stomach. John squealed. Jack sighed. "Come on. Sam, tell us. Tell us what's going to happen."

John waved his tiny fists as if to say, "My name's John, not Sam!" Jack smiled softly.

"We're gonna have to wait till he can talk." Jackie said. "Which should be pretty fast considering he's growing more rapidly then any other baby his age."

Jack nodded. But he was lost in thought, in his world. Why were there so many time travelers out there? Where they sent back for something? Or was it just someone using dark magic, readying to unleash hell against all of them when the time travelers least expected?