S1 Ep14

*Confessional-Cass*

"Valentine's day. Not very happy day for Gale. When she sad, we all sad. But, why is Gale sad?"

*que theme song and intro video*

*Scene opens with Gale and Otis taking a zetatube to Mount Justice. Only the original team, plus the Batfam are there.*

Recognized: Nightingale Z-08 Recognized: Guest

"Gale! You're back! How'd the mission go?" Artemis called out.

"Please, where's Dad and Mom. I need to talk to them." Gale said.

"They're in the training room." Artemis answered.

"Thanks, Arty. By the way, love what you did with your hair."

Gale led Otis to the training room.

"Mom, Dad? Can we talk?"

"Oh, Gale! You're back! How are you? Any scratches?" Diana asked, looking over Gale.

"Do I need to develop a new antidote for poison?" Bruce asked. Gale shook her head.

"No. I'll tell you about the mission second. First, I want to introduce to you Otis. Otis, these are my parents, Batman and Wonder Woman."

"Nice to meet you." Otis shook hands with the two heroes.

"Otis is one of my still living partners for Agency D3." Gale added.

"What do you mean, still living?" Diana asked.

"You might want to sit down for this." Gale sighed and nodded at Otis.

"Sir, and ma'am, our mission went very well. We defeated all the creatures and captured the ones that escaped from our base. But we lost two partners in the battle. My girlfriend, and Kaldur. They both were hit by the poisonous webs of the Spidercat. They died instantly." Otis briefly explained.

"Wait, what? You're telling me the leader of our covert ops team is dead?! Who's going to take his place?!" Bruce asked.

"Dad, please. I'll take his place, he asked me too. But can we not worry about that now? I just lost my boyfriend and my best friend." Gale said.

"Then this isn't the time to tell you about Cass." Bruce said.

"Bruce! Don't bring it up!" Diana scolded.

"What's happening with Cass?" Gale asked.

"Honey, her time is running up. The doctors may have found a cure but with how fragile her body is, the cure might actually kill her, instead of healing her." Diana gently said.

"Really? Then, I need to see her. Right now. Otis, let's go." Gale stood up quickly and ran out the door, Otis following close behind.

*Scene shifts to Gotham General Hospital. Camera zooms into a room. Gale, Otis and Cass are conversing.*

"So Spidercats are giant cats with spider legs? Cool!" Cass exclaimed.

"Yeah, if you look at them, they are pretty cool but since they are half spider, they shoot webs. And you don't want to be hit their webs. Their spider webs are poisonous. That's how Kaldur and a friend of mine died." Gale said.

"Don't be sad! It's Valentine's day!" Cass said.

"She's right, Gale." Otis said.

"You're right. I shouldn't be sad right now. I should be happy. Happy because you are getting better at talking! A few months ago, you couldn't say long sentences like these!" Gale gushed.