TWENTY- SIX.

"How's she doing?" Kash asked as Khy walked through the door

"How's she doing?" Kash asked as Khy walked through the door. He had just come back from a doctors appointment with Ava to check on their baby. Everybody was still in shock that Ava was pregnant, including Ava herself.

This baby would be the first Bryant grandchild, all of their other cousins hadn't had any children yet, this generation of Bryant kids clearly weren't rushing to be parents.

Khyren himself wasn't rushing either—being a dad at 23, almost 24 was certainly not in his life plan. He'd thought about having kids, plenty of times. He was open to to it, just not now, and especially not in the situation that he was in.

"She straight, she is indeed carrying my child. Seems like it was like...a Valentine's Day baby or something," he chuckled as Kash curled her lip up. "Shut up,"

"Well...how are you?" she asked, sitting up on the couch. "You okay?"

He took a seat beside her with a short sigh.

"I'm...confused about how I feel. Of course, you know a baby is a blessing, I'm blessed. I'm happy, but I don't know if I'm excited. That make sense?" he asked, looking over at her, and she nodded. "It's like I wanna be excited, that's my kid man. But how we gon raise a baby in two different houses?"

"Well...I know this sounds bad, but daddy did it," she chuckled and he couldn't help but laugh since their father didn't marry either of their mothers. "It's possible, and I know you can make it happen, Bubs," she smiled.

"Thank you, fat fat. It's just doubt, you know? Should we stay broken up? Would it be better if we just powered through it for the baby? What if we made the wrong choice," he said.

"I know it might seem like that, but imagine y'all stayed together in the situation y'all were in. The baby wouldn't be raised in a happy home, because presently, y'all are not happy together. It's not fair to bring a baby into an environment like that, Khy. Y'all have love and respect for each other so co-parenting should be a breeze, y'all got something bigger to worry about now," she told him.

He nodded in agreement, thankful to his sister for giving him an outside perspective. He honestly thought he'd drive himself crazy doing all the overthinking he was doing.

"One thing you gon know by the time my pooh is here is if you and Ava were meant to be together. Kids really bring the best and worst out of people," she commented.

"Oh hell yeah," he nodded in complete agreement. "Speaking of the worst, I called my mama and told her—her first question was why. Like why what?! Why? Man when I tell you I almost hung up in her face," he rolled his eyes.

"Why? She get on my nerves, she not even my mama," she shook her head. "You told dad, right?" she wondered and his annoyed expression turned into a big smile.

"He more excited than me and Ave. Man already planning on turning the spare room into a nursery, he drawing up plans and asking Anaya what colors she like, like we know the gender or something," he chuckled.