𝟎𝟎𝟏 | Girl, If You Don't Wake Your Ass Up.

The flowers around them seemed to blossom at their love as they stood a few meters away from each other. Demi felt her heart race at the proximity they were in and the promise it held.

"Oh Rio..." Demi whispered as Rio approached her, his obsidian eyes drowning her. She had always loved the fact that she only reached his chest and had to tiptoe to be eye level with him. She loved his tan, warm arms and chiseled jaw. And his body. Oh Lord, Rio de Santos' body.

He had that signature smirk on his face, but his eyes showed adoration and love as he gazed into her eyes, "Demi, I love-"

"Abidemi! Tolutope! If I reach there and the both of you are not up, eh!" Abidemi Diana Coker's mother screamed, interrupting the beautiful dream Demi was having at 6 am on a Monday morning. The 17 year old let out a groan as she punched the pillow next to her. In a fury, she got up, fuming at her door, mouthing curses and throwing up her middle fingers at the closed door.

A second later, her Nigerian mother burst in, a serious expression on her face as she held her bible and a pen, peering at the first twin under her square-framed glasses. Demi's hands had never dropped faster.

"You will not get up, abi? You want to sleep your life away, eh Abidemi?"

Demi let out a sigh as she threw on her hoodie, and replied glumly, "No, Mummy,"

Her mother's gaze roamed around the room for a second as if assessing the level of messiness and she gave Demi a reluctant nod, her lips pursued. Then, as if remembering something, she turned to Demi with raised eyebrows. Demi was confused as to why her mom was staring at her, wondering if she had drooled in her sleep.

"Good morning, Ma," said her mother, sarcastically. At this point, Demi's brain was not fully functioning and the girl replied, confused;

"Why are you telling me good morning?"

Her mother's brows flew to her hairline in surprise as she clapped her hands, dramatically. Her voice rose with every word, "Ehn ehn? Children of nowadays. So, Abidemi, you cannot greet, again? Am I your mate?"

Demi's eyes widened in fear as she paled. To a Nigerian child, once your mother's tone starts getting louder which each word, it was a sign that you were two seconds away from a beating. Demi shook her head furiously as she stuttered out, "Sorry, Ma. Good morning, Ma,"

A split second passed. Eyeing Demi with a look of contempt, her mom nodded in approval and walked out. Demi released a breath once she made sure that her mother was talking to her twin sister, Tolutope Elizabeth Coker, who was probably already up, doing her 2-hour makeup routine.

It was the first day of junior year and to Demi, it felt like any other day. She entered the bathroom she shared with her sister and turned the shower on to get the hot water going. Stopping in front of the bathroom mirror, Demi took a look at her skin to assess if she need to put on any face masks. But, then again, she just wanted to sleep.