𝟎𝟏𝟑 | OH MY JOLLOF, YOU'RE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS

song: better by khalid

"OOOOO, Let's go here," Demi exclaimed, dragging an amused Andre towards a colourfully lit cotton candy machine

"OOOOO, Let's go here," Demi exclaimed, dragging an amused Andre towards a colourfully lit cotton candy machine. Andre's zip-up hoodie fit her just right, with the strobing lights reflecting on the darkened material. The loud atmosphere of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk filled the small girl's senses as she bounced her curls excitedly.

Okay, maybe she shouldn't have had two cans of Coke and a Red Bull.

Andre let out a small chuckle, "Cherie, calm down. The sun hasn't even gone down yet. We have all day,"

And they did. Immediately after school on Friday, Andre had persuaded Demi to come with him to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and she was actually glad she did it. At first, when she called her mom to tell her when she was going, Demi full-on expected her Nigerian mother to blatantly refuse. But, her mother was more shocked that Demi, the introvert who hated going out, actually wanted to go out with a boy, nevertheless.

So, in her shock, the confused mother agreed and made Andre swear on his mother to bring Demi home the minute the sun went down.

Demi couldn't have rushed into Andre's car faster.

Now, after riding on the teacups and Andre's ball skills winning Demi a teddy bear, Demi and her teddy bear wanted cotton candy. She stopped both of them in front of the cart and looked at all the colour choices in awe.

"There's so many," Demi trailed, then turned back to Andre, who was already looking at her in adoration, "Which one do you want?"

"Uhh... the blue?" He answered, still looking at her instead of the cotton candy. Demi's brows furrowed. There were like three different shades of blue cotton candy.

Ugh, boys. They don't even see colour, to be honest.

Then, she rolled her brown eyes, a slight smile growing on her face, "Whatever, I'll pick for you,"

After some deliberation, Demi went with a pale pink and dark blue choice, wrapped up in a to-go plastic bag. Not even looking at the total, Andre placed his debit card against the POS, leaving no room for arguments.

"Why don't you let me pay? I mean, I was the one who wanted it," Demi tried to argue as they moved towards an outdoor street food stand because the enticing smell of the food had been calling her name. Andre nodded in acknowledgement as he walked beside her.

"How about this? If I take you out, meaning that I initiate an outing, I pay. But, if you take me out, you pay," He reasoned with a sly grin. Demi's brows furrowed as she analyzed his words, then she squinted her eyes. This nigga-

"But then, that means that you're going to pay for everything today,"

Andre's grin widened as he shrugged, "I guess that is what it means, Cherie,"