𝟎𝟎𝟓 | We Kinda Killed Our Presentation, TBH.

"I can't believe that I'm doing this," Demi ranted, staring at herself in the mirror, patting down her white mini dress

"I can't believe that I'm doing this," Demi ranted, staring at herself in the mirror, patting down her white mini dress. The day was Monday and she and Andre were supposed to give their initial presentation to the Life Studies class. Andre had told Lulu about the plan, telling her to make sure that Demi was dressed to impress today.

Lulu was still appalled at how amazing her twin sister looked, "What do you mean? You look stunning!"

Demi was so uncomfortable in the dress. She would rather be wearing a comfortable pair of sweatpants and an oversized shirt, than this tightly fitted thigh-length dress. And to make matters worse, Lulu did Demi's makeup, accentuating her brows and forcing natural looking lashes on her eyelids, much to Demi's chagrin.

But then Demi remembered the conversation that she and Andre had on Thursday as he dropped her off.

"Look, in order for Project Biracial Baby to work, here is my jacket," Andre began, removing his large, dark blue jean jacket decorated with motifs, "On Monday, when we give our presentation, you need to wear it and a really nice dress,"

Demi took it in disbelief, noticing the scent of... smoked apples? "Why are you giving me this?"

"Because, unfortunately," Andre responded humorously, "Other members of the male gender often see women as objectified subjects and notice their physical body first. Including Rio De Santos,"

"Oh," was all Demi could reply. When they said Alexandre Laurent was smart, they most definitely meant it. Carefully placing the jacket by her side in his car, she got out of the car and closed, but Andre was not finished.

"Demi," She turned around to face his chiseled jaw and his forest green orbs. Demi felt her throat dry up in response, so she nodded, "In order for this to work, you will have to be... à l'aise. Comfortable. I don't want you to feel like your skin is crawling. So maybe, do not wear something that does that,"

"Okay," Demi breathily whispered, in disbelief about everything going on. She was going to need a minute when she got home, because staring at this really good-looking man was causing her brain to shamble. Slowly, she closed the door.

Then, rolling down the passenger window, Andre gave her a breathtaking, enthralling grin, "And make sure to wear a pair of sneakers for me, chérie,"

Then he winked and drove off, leaving Demi blinking in shock.

"This is crazy, I cannot believe I'm doing this," Demi murmured, about to take off this whole ensemble. She was so nervous, she did not see her mother at her door frame, looking in appreciation.

"Abidemi!"

Demi looked up with a start at her mother, who always looked so perfect. Being a teen mother, Adebisi Coker always tried to give the best to Demi and Lulu, her only children. After her parents had disowned her once finding out of her pregnancy by unfortunate circumstances, her aunt and uncle took care of her instead. That was why Demi looked up to her mother; because she had incredible strength.