VAMPIRE MATE

That night went by fast, and the next morning came quickly with the sun rising and shining in their face to wake them up. Delta glanced up to make sure the hunter was still strained to his chair, and he was. She sighed rolling over onto her back, looking up at the sky, trying to wake herself up. They were going to head home today, bringing the vampires along with them. She glanced over at the vampire leader, determining the situation she was sure that they were in. She was almost sure that they are mates, but was not completely sure, so she was going to let him bring it up whenever he was ready. Vampires do not sleep, and she knew that, but he seemed to be resting anyways. He had his arm over his eyes, and his mouth gaped open, as he breathed, or pretended to breath that is. Her eyes could not help but to stroll down his body, to his hard massive looking chest. He was sure muscular, and she could clearly see the six pack that was resting on his abdomen as well. It just made her wonder what it would feel like rubbing her hands on his chest...

"You know its rude to stare at someone right?" He asked, moving his arm, and looking over at her. She blinked a couple of times, her eyes shooting up to his face. She could feel her face starting to heat up with embarrassment. She instantly turned her head away from him, looking up at the sky, pushing herself up so she was sitting up.

"Yeah, sorry about that, I went off into a daze, and happened to be facing your way." She lied through her teeth, not wanting him to know the truth on her checking him out. She heard him chuckle but didn't say anything.

"If that's what you want to say, mate." He spoke, standing onto his own two feet, pushing a handout to help her to hers. She gladly took it, looking up into his eyes. As she stood, she felt herself getting lost, as the tingles shot through her body, making eye contact a lot more difficult to pull away from. She got to her feet and was not only an inch away from him, and their faces were right there together. She kept glancing down at his lips, as he did the same, saying nothing as they began to come closer together. Their lips were almost touching, until someone cleared their throat, making both jump back, startled, staring at Carlos. He had his arms crossed over his chest, and eyebrows raised as he watched both. Delta glanced down at the ground for the second time that morning, blushing. The vampire leader just chuckled once again.

"Well then, good morning to the both of you. Hate to interrupt whatever was going on there, but we need to get going before his friends decide to come looking for him." He stated, walking over to the hunter, who was also watching everything taking place. His eyes never left her or the vampire leader, which made her nervous.

She did not like starting her day off nervous, but it looked like she had no choice at all. She picked her bag up and walking up to Carlos and the vampire leader, indicating that she was ready to go. He nodded, and began walking, pulling the hunter with him through the rope he had tied to his hands.

"By the way, Mr. vampire leader, what is your name? That is not what we should call you, due to certain... situations." He stated coldly, looking at her. She frowned, not liking the look he was giving her. It is not her fault the Moon Goddess chose this. The vampire leader just grunted.

"My name is Alaric." He spoke, saying nothing on the situation that Carlos was referring to. She felt disappointed that he did not but did not say anything. She wanted him to acknowledge the whole thing, out loud, for her to hear, so that she knew he was feeling the same thing. Judging from this morning he felt it too but was not saying anything. She was starting to get frustrated with it. She had heard a few stories about rejection, and always hoped it was something that would not happen to her. She wondered if that was what he was doing? Rejecting her? She was too scared to ask, so she decided against it.

She got closer to Carlos as she is walking, wanting to start a conversation with him. He glanced at her and smiled, then looked forward waiting for her to say something. As she got ready to speak, they heard someone hiss, and glanced behind them. Alaric was glaring at both looking troubled. They both frowned and looked forward again. It almost seemed like he was jealous, but she was not going to say anything about it. She needed to have this conversation with Carlos before they got home so they could have a plan on how this would work.