HUNTED AND DESTROYED

They all stood around, watching Liliana. They were waiting for her to either say something else, or to calm down some. She did not seem to be wanting to do either one now. Delta could feel her nerves rising, and her palms becoming sweaty. She did not know her mother well enough, but she could clearly see that there was a problem. She sighed, putting her hand on her forehead trying to think of what she can do to fix this, knowing that she could not. Her mother sat there, staring at her hands in her lap, not saying anything now. Delta glanced at Carlos and Alaric, then back at her mother, trying to think of what to say next.

"Mom, you know this was a choice of the Moon Goddess, I am sure she has her reasonings for it." She whispered. Her mother looked up at her, still no smile on her face, and nodded her head in denial.

"But what would that reason be? She is supposedly my mother so why is she not telling me these things?" She wondered out loud for everyone to hear. She looked at her mother sadly, not knowing what answer to give her.

"Maybe she is not ready to. Maybe, if she gives us answers to everything, then we will never figure out what's going on ourselves." She whispered, squatting down in front of her. She watched her mothers face as different emotions swam across her eyes. She did not say anything else, in hopes that her mother would finally say something. After a few minutes of waiting, she stood, looking right at Alaric, with a look in her eye that she has not before since she has met her.

"If you hurt my daughter that I just got back, it will be that last of you! Is that understood?" She coldly, staring at him. Delta blinked a couple of times, looking over at Alaric, hoping that he was not getting angry from what her mother just said. He looked like he wanted to say something sarcastic but changed his route of words instead.

"There is no possible way that I would be able to. I will protect her with my life." He spoke sternly, also watching Liliana. Her mother nodded at him, sitting back down. She was putting her trust in him, and that was a lot considering what he was. She stood, turning to Carlos, who had a look on his face that was terrifying. He seemed as if he was listening, and that is when her attention was caught. She heard the howling of the wolves from the pack, and it sounded as if they were coming this way. She felt herself beginning to panic and walked over to the guys.

"I think they are coming, what are we going to do?" She forced out, glancing towards the trees to see if they were coming towards them yet. She watched Carlos grab his bag and walk over to Liliana.

"Liliana, are you okay to travel?" He asked her, putting his bag over his back. She looked at him sadly, shaking her head no and standing up once again. Delta jumped in, suggesting she had thought of.

"Alaric could always carry her. He has a lot more strength and would still be able to keep up with us traveling. If that is okay with all of you?" She asked, walking over to her mother as well, with Alaric following behind her. He was nodding his head indicating that he was also okay with it. She watched Carlos and her mother in hopes that they would be on the same page.

"We really don't have no other choice. They are coming, so we need to get out of here." Carlos stated, Liliana nodding her head in agreement. She looked over at Alaric, waving for him to come over and pick her up. He obliged, caring her bridal style. They all nodded at each other and started walking in the opposite direction that the pack was coming from.

The sun set over them, and the moon was now high in the sky shining bright over them, as they started to set up their camp. No one spoke, or even tried to make small conversation. Delta side as she laid her blanket onto the ground. She put her pillow in the middle towards the top and laid her head down on it. She let out a yawn, looking up at the moon. She got comfortable, putting her arm across her stomach, and crossing her feet. She closed her eyes, heading off to sleep until she felt a breeze from a blanket being laid next to her. She opened her eyes, looking over to see who was next to her. Alaric just got through setting his pillow down, and then sat down, looking directly at her. She looked back at him, not saying anything either. She was going to wait until he started talking.