Chapter 38- Nightmare Part 1

"Marinette!" 

I open my eyes to the sight of the palest shade of blue and the piercing sun. 

"Come on Marinette!" 

I sit up on my sun lounger and look around before acknowledging Adrien dashing towards me and dragging me to my feet. "What's going on?" I enquire.

"He knows!" Adrien shouted out. "What?" 

"I don't have time to explain, just trust me!" He responds as he grabs my hand and begins running with me, but I'm suddenly pulled back by my shoulder. 

"NO!" I hear Adrien shout as he runs back toward me but is held back by Nino. 

I turn my focus to Alya and furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Why is she gripping me so hard? 

"What the hell Marinette! I thought we were best friends!" Alya spat the words at me. 

"Alya- we are best frie-" 

"How could you not tell me you were ladybug?" 

"Not cool bro!" Nino shouts from behind, holding back the tackling blonde. 

"How could you lie to me? Betray me? You're no friend. You are a filthy liar and you don't deserve my support!"

"..Alya I couldn't tell you because it would put you at risk of ge...tting... hurt..." 

In the background I finally notice Hawkmoth and Lila stood, arms folded, behind Alya with devilish smirks on their face as Alya attacks. 

Adrien's P.O.V: 

I wake up to the sound of screaming and practically threw myself into the bedroom shouting Marinette's name. As I walked in I noticed her half throwing herself around in her sleep, like she was trying to dodge something, and screaming. Her eyes were still shut. I walked over to the side of the bed she was on and rested my hands on her shoulders, shouting her name until I saw her eyes open. 

"Hey- it's okay. It was just a dream, you're okay..." I held her close as I spoke to her, she was so warm, her heart was racing and her breathing was so heavy. She obviously had a nightmare, but what could it possibly have been to get that kind of reaction?! 

I could feel her beginning to calm down in my arms and I held her just a little bit tighter, that was such a horrible sight to see, my poor lady.. Once she's calmed down fully, I'll ask her about it- but for now, I'll let it be. She might not want to talk about it. 

Her breathing had returned to it's normal state and she let go off me, so I instinctively pulled back, looking into her eyes. "Better?" 

She nodded as she rubbed her arm with her hand and I smiled, relieved. "I'm glad. You hungry? Why don't we go get some breakfast? You get dressed and if you want to I'll be waiting in the livingroom, if not we can just go to the pool or something, I'm not leaving you alone after that though." I spoke as I stood from the bed and walked to the door and when I turned back around to look at Marinette's reaction to my idea I was taken aback by the soft look on her face, she looked like one of those baby disney princesses mixed with that one emoji Chloe most likely uses a lot with her father, there's no better way to describe it. 

"I'd like that.." she softly spoke, looking into my eyes from across the room and I felt my cheeks starting to burn. "Ah- right, okay then! We can do that then... See you in 10-" and with that I shut the door and headed into the bathroom, looking at the heated mess in the mirror and sighing. I really needed to sort out that chat noir bird nest of a due before going or doing anything else...