Chapter 33- Comfort

Adrien clenched his fist and looked down as Marinette disappeared behind the bedroom door. There must be something he could do to help her out. 

Marinette leant on the door once she'd shut it and slowly sunk to the floor with her eyes closed. She sighed as she cradled her knees. This whole deal thing sucks, what else was she supposed to do? She could just ask Miss Bustier if she could switch rooms to be with Alya- 

No, then Adrien would think he did something wrong- 

She opened her eyes and looked toward her suitcase. When things were tough and she didn't know where to turn, she could always trust on her voice of reason to guide her. 

She shuffled on her knees over to her suitcase before opening it and opening her miraculous box. 

"Tikki-" she half whimpered, starting to get emotional at the whole ordeal knowing fully well that she was in a safe environment beside her kwami who glowed as she appeared and opened her eyes with a cheery smile, only to see Marinette and grow concerned.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" Tikki enquired concerned. 

The words of concern took flight from Tikki and lodged themselves in Marinette's throat, choking on her emotions and unable to form the words she wanted to say. All she was able to do was cry.

On hearing this through the door, Adrien's heart sunk and he grew more mad with each shakey muffled breath he heard from behind it. All he wanted to do was go in there and comfort her, but something told him that doing that would only make things worse. He took a deep breath and leant on the door before speaking softly. 

"Marinette, I know you're hurting right now... I'll fix this, okay?" 

There was a sense of confidence in Adrien's words that struck Marinette, stopping the tears as she looked back at the door. How on earth was he going to fix it? There was a moment of silence shared between the three of them when Marinette suddenly heard the door open and close.  

With this new sense of control, she took a deep breath and began explaining everything to Tikki, how Lila had seen her miraculous box whilst trying to plant her necklace in her suitcase and how she was blackmailing her, how she threatened to spill the identity of ladybug if she didn't stay away from Adrien and how Adrien confessed to knowing and to being Chat Noir, it was clear that she was overwhelmed by all this. 

"well..." Tikki began, taking in all the information before giving advice to Marinette, which seemed to work rather effectively.