Chapter 4- Time for take off!

The partners made their way out of the coach and into the airport in a line and went through the usual airport procedures. Soon enough they were in all the shopping areas but they didn't have enough time to shop. Adrien stopped Marinette and gently dragged her into a mini mart.

Before she could even ask he picked up some chewy sweets and smiled at her. "Don't worry, I got them". She smiled at him and nodded before rushing to the checkout.

Adrien payed for the sweets before taking Marinette's hand and rushing back to their group. Marinette, of course, quickly grew timid and flustered over Adrien's haste action

Now with their sweets to help on the plane, they rushed to their terminal, waiting in line with their class to board. Marinette couldn't help herself. The big window from her childhood was there... she gently placed her hand against the glass and stared out, looking at the planes and watching them land and take off... the window wasn't as big as Marinette remembered, but the nostalgic memory remained.

Adrien was in awe over this reaction. It was... cute! He had seen that window several times whilst boarding planes and going to different parts of the world on his fathers command, and yes the first 2 times he was excited over that window, but it was just the same old window and the same old planes... seeing his partner so excited over it was just sweet.

The line began to move and Adrien called out. "Mari, the lines moving. We need to go" she turned, listening intently to Adrien and hurried onto the plane. For once- they were on time!

They showed the cabin crew their tickets and fled down the plane, searching for their seats. "Mar, over here!" Marinette looked at Adrien and smiled before shuffling into her seat. Right next to the window. She sat down and smiled at Adrien as he did the same.

The hostesses did their usual safety procedures and passed out magazines, in case anyone wanted to buy something on their 3 hour journey. (A/N- you'd definitely want to 😂)

Marinette stared longingly out of the window, waiting for the plane to start moving. She was beginning to get nervous, she hadn't been on a plane in a while and forgot what it felt like.

Soon enough, the plane began to move and Marinette squealed quietly at the feel of the wheels under her feet busily moving. Adrien looked over to her and could see her nerves forming. He smiled to himself and rested his hand over hers. "Don't worry, it's not that bad, just pop a chewy sweet into your mouth as you feel the plane starting to get faster and chew until you're in the air. If you get scared you can grip my hand. Okay?"

Marinette stared at Adrien for a moment in awe. He was so incredibly sweet... she nodded in response and looked down, timidly blushing. This would definitely be a holiday she would not easily forget.