Chapter 13: Where to go?

Marinette slipped her pink and black dress on and admired herself in the mirror, turning slightly to see all angles. It looked great! But something just didn't look right...

The pigtails.

Her signature look was clashing with the outfit. She pulled the bobbles out of her hair and watched as her hair flopped onto her shoulders. She looked again and could hardly recognise herself. She looked...

"You look beautiful"

Marinette turned to see Adrien standing in the doorway, looking at Marinette in awe. She blushed timidly "T-thank you Adrien" she quickly slipped her shoes on and walked towards Adrien.

"Wait" Adrien held out his hand in a commanding manner and Marinette froze. He walked to his suitcase and pulled out a box. Marinette looked at the box, a look of pure confusion planted on her face.

Adrien opened the box and pulled out silver jewellery with black and pink jewels on it. "This was my mother's, before she left. I take it everywhere with me... Here" he held out the box to Marinette and her eyes widened.

She gently pushed the box back to him. "Adrien, I can't accept that... It was your mothers." Adrien shrugged and pulled the necklace out of the box "She's not using it." He walked behind Marinette and fastened it around her neck. "Besides" he moved to the front of her again "it suits you more..."

Marinette held back the urge to kiss Adrien, knowing that wouldn't end well. She took a deep yet shaky breath and looked into his eyes. They gazed at one another until-

'Knock knock knock'

The knocking on the door shook them back into reality and the gaze broke off. Marinette awkwardly shifted out of the room and towards the door.

"We said 15 minutes half a damn hour ago! You look stunning, but food!" Alya exclaimed. Marinette giggled lightly at her best friend. Adrien appeared in the front doorway chuckling to himself "Okay Alya, let's go"

The group of friends headed past the pool, through reception and out of the main entrance. Once they had all left the building they made a left turn and walked towards whichever restaurant caught there eye. There was quite a few.

The group headed into town and heard music and laughter. Out of sheer curiosity, they rushed towards it to find a music cafe called Pieros. "Okay, so we're checking this out after food."

Nino pointed back up the stairs "I saw a pretty nice looking restaurant. The carbonara looked good..." The group laughed at Nino. "Come on then guys, let's go eat!"

They rushed up the stairs and towards the quaint restaurant Nino had been talking about

"Goose and Furky?" Alya read out the sign "Sounds exotic. Let's do this guys!"

They all sat around a table and looked at the menus. There was some really great stuff here and it was all so cheap!