Chapter 6- Carousel

The journey ahead to the hotel was a long one. Miss Bustier counted heads and, once content with her results, headed to the baggage carousel. One by one, the students picked out their bags, being careful not to get in the way of anyone else.

Adrien looked at the carousel for a while, awaiting for his bag to show up. Every now and then he'd pull off a suitcase for his fellow classmates. He noticed a fairly recognisable case and pulled it off, placing it carefully beside him for someone to collect.

"Thanks, Adrien" a voice called out slightly flirtatiously. Adrien groaned to himself at the sound of the voice, took a deep breath and turned his head in her direction.

"No problem Lila." He pulled down another suitcase whilst he spoke, lacking eye contact. "Y'know, we could hang out sometime on holiday, just the two of us. Go get a meal... hang at the beach or-"

"As much as that sounds nice" Adrien interrupted "I have been allocated a partner for this holiday... and I'd much rather spend it with Marinette. No offence like, I'm just... not interested in that way." Lila pouted to herself before pulling her case and herself away from Adrien. He shrugged and looked back to the carousel before spotting a pink and black suitcase.

'Marinette's!' He thought to himself.

Marinette was looking on the opposite side to Adrien, deciding to cover more ground was clearly their idea. She noticed a pale blue suitcase with the Agreste logo on it circling around and she hastily grabbed it and pulled it off. "Well... I have Adrien's... now what about mine?..."

"Maybe someone's pulled it off already?" Tikki half questioned from inside Marinette's jacket. She continued to look for her case.

Adrien looked down at Marinette's case, the designs on it were so unique, so... so...

They were so good he had no words for it. She had clearly made the design for it herself, the stitching was perfect and the signature said it all. 'This girl never fails to impress me... she's so amazing.' He thought to himself.

"Guess you better go give her the case thing, right?" Plagg questioned from Adrien's pocket and he smirked lightly at his companion. "Well of course, I'm not just going to leave it here." Plagg nodded lightly at Adrien's reply and popped his head back into Adrien's pocket.

He rushed towards Marinette, navigating his way through the crowd to reach his goal.

"Marinette!" "Adrien!" They cried out in unison

"Oh, you go first-" they awkwardly stated, again, in unison "no you-" soon enough they bursted into laughter.

Adrien was the first to calm and pulled her suitcase into sight "I- uh, I got your suitcase for you!" He scratched the back of his head timidly and smiled at her.

Marinette smiled and pulled his suitcase into sight before giggling "I got yours for you too!" They quickly traded cases and looked around for the group. "There!" Adrien half-shouted before taking Marinette's spare hand in his own and rushing back to the group.

Soon they'd be arriving at their destination.