Chapter 5- Fuerteventura

The plane journey was a blur to Marinette. She and Adrien chewed the chewy sweets as they took off so their ears wouldn't pop and practically immediately fell asleep once they were in the air. Heads on one another, Alya and Nino took some photos of the two whilst giggling.

"Marinette? Adrien?" Marinette and Adrien's eyes slowly opened to see Alya and Nino looking at them. "We've arrived! Come on, the class is waiting for us!" Marinette and Adrien quickly pulled off their seat belts blushing wildly and raced off the plane with Alya and Nino.

Racing through the terminal, Marinette was as flustered as ever. She slept with her head on Adrien's shoulder. He rested his head on hers! He was blushing too!

Marinette and Alya were ahead, rushing to find the group and Nino gently elbowed his best friend whilst smirking "what was that all about, eh?"

Adrien blushed timidly, whether it was out of embarrassment or feelings... "it's not like that Nino!... She-... She fell asleep on my shoulder. She's just..."

"She's just what?" Nino questioned mockingly.

"She's just a friend!" Adrien half shouted, getting frustrated at his friends actions.

Nino grew silent. He could see that he had gotten to his friend. He nodded, patted his shoulder and rushed ahead to his partner, leaving Adrien to wallow in his despair. Marinette heard his outbreak and turned back to see him upset and alone. She was probably the last person he wanted to see right now though.

Marinette couldn't help but feel rejection and embarrassment. She knew what they were talking about, they weren't exactly whispering. She just...

She wasn't expecting a reaction like that...

They exited the terminal and met up with their group. An awkward aura circled the two, only an idiot couldn't sense it... Marinette walked cautiously to Adrien and stood in front of him, a look of dismay stained her face.

Adrien's eyes widened at Marinette in front of him and he took her hand, pulling her away from the rest of the group and into a half secluded area. Secluded from anyone who he knew anyway. "Marinette, I am so... so sorry... Nino, he-" Adrien sighed "he got under my skin. He was annoying me. I didn't mean to have an outbreak like I did... I really am sor-"

Marinette smiled sadly "you don't have to apologise, Adrien. I understand. Don't worry!..." it was enough to fool Adrien and everyone else, but Marinette was still upset. At least everything else was calm and happy.

Her mood would change soon enough.