Chapter 2- Adrien.

After hours of trying on clothes, a quick break for dinner, creating adorable outfits and choosing the perfect swim suits... Marinette was completely packed!

"Girl, Adrien is gonna be lost for words over your outfits!" Alya smiled and high fived Marinette. "Thanks for the help Alya!" Marinette grinned at her best friend.

"No sweat! That's what best friends are for! Now, make sure you don't forget your passport, or there won't be a holiday for you!" Alya and Marinette giggled. "Don't worry I won't forget something THAT important. But if it'll make you feel better I'll put it in my coat pocket"

Alya beamed a smile and said her goodbyes as she left to go check through all her items. Marinette smiled and turned to Tikki. "Marinette?" Tikki stated, Marinette looked at her Kwami and smiled lightly "yes Tikki what is it?"

"I was just wondering what time it was" Tikki giggled and Marinette raced to her phone. Just as she turned it on she heard her mother call from downstairs "Marinette~"

'2:50' Marinette smiled at the time

"Yes mama?"  She grabbed her coat, wrapped it around herself, hid Tikki, grabbed her suitcase and raced down the stairs with it.

"Adrien is here! He said he's taking you to school for your trip!"

Marinette smiled fondly and nodded. "Marinette and I are partners throughout the trip" Adrien beamed his charming smile at Marinette's parents as he spoke and they quietly awed. "Well you two be careful, okay?" Tom stated before Sabine and himself hugged Marinette tightly. "We'll miss you Marinette, be safe." Her parents exclaimed. She returned the hug.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything bad happen to her." Adrien said confidently. 'Cats honour' he thought to himself and smiled lightly at his thought.

The parents nodded and bid goodbye to the two teens "have fun!"

Adrien and Marinette walked out of the flat, down the stairs into the bakery and out the front door where the limo was waiting. Gorilla man took the suitcases from Adrien and Marinette and placed them in the back.

Adrien opened the car door and signalled for Marinette to take a seat. Marinette blushed and sat down in the car. Once Marinette was settled in her seat he closed the door and rushed to the opposite side opening the door, getting in the car and sitting beside Marinette who was timidly blushing.

Adrien broke the silence. "So, are you excited?" He questioned, smiling at Marinette lightly, his pearly white teeth shining as he did so. "Oh, yes. Of course I am! I'm also a little nervous though. It's my first time on a plane since I was 5, I don't really remember much of it." Marinette replied, fiddling with some excess hair in front of her ears bashfully.

"Oh, it isn't that bad. I'll look out for you, I promise" Marinette nodded and looked down, smiling fondly to herself.

"Main rule of flying though" Adrien blurred out, causing Marinette to hastily look back up at him. "Always buy some chewy sweets at the airport before your flight, or a drink with a straw... but make sure you open it before taking off."

"Why?" Marinette was confused. She didn't know about airport procedures or tips or tricks. Why was something so simple such a major detail?

"Because if you don't have something to suck or chew on when you're taking off" he started, Marinette listened intently as he explained. "You'll end up getting an awful high pitched noise in you're ears and you won't be able to get rid of it until you land." He smiled and looked out of the window.

Marinette was impressed over his knowledge. "You seem to know a lot about these types of things."

He chuckled to himself. "I travel a lot. I've done modelling in tons of different places... London. Dubai. Canary Islands... Wherever I'm wanted. Father just sends me..." he stared out of the window, stone cold expression.

"Wow... it sounds amazing..." Marinette started, she looked out the opposite window, daydreaming to herself. "I wish I could do that... just travel the world whenever I want to with whoever I want to."

"Be more fun with my family..." Adrien murmured to himself.

"Did you say something?" Marinette enquired. Adrien quickly shook his head, still looking out of the window. "No" he said, as kindly as possible.

"Oh... okay..." Marinette could tell something was wrong with Adrien. His whole demeanour had changed within a conversation! Had she said something wrong?

The fact of the matter was, Adrien had never actually chosen to go on any of those trips. He got to see all sorts of places, but he would go strictly for business and there was nothing else. No time in the pool, no family meals. He just did what he told and was sent where he was sent. He'd never been free to hang out with people or laugh and made fond memories, it was all just boring business...

So in reality... this was Adrien's first actual holiday. He could get away from the work and business, enjoy the sun and laugh with friends... make fond memories...

That's why he was excited.