𝑂𝑛𝑒

𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟟, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☀︎︎

The warm sun-blasted onto my skin, making it glow. Luis's hand gripped onto mine tightly as we walked down the old, cracked sidewalk.

"You excited for the pool?" I piped up.

Luis nodded. "Mhm."

"You don't seem excited." I chuckled.

He sighed. "No, I am. I just don't want other boys looking at you."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You think too much."

He shrugged. "I'm just sayin'."

"Well, I'm excited to see Connie."

He swallowed. "Charlie's gonna be there, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, everyone is."

He sighed. "Right."

I rubbed my thumb lightly over his hand. "Stop worrying about Charlie and me. I promise nothing is going on between us, I would never hurt you like that."

He kept looking forward. "I know, I'm not worried."

I sighed but didn't protest, there was no point in arguing with him. He would always hate Charlie, there's nothing that's gonna change that. He's just gotta suck it up.

"Amelia!" I heard Connie squeal from inside the pool.

I looked over at her and smiled. "Hi!"

I ripped my hand out of Luis's and ran over to her. Her smile faded when she saw Luis.

"He doesn't seem too happy." Her voice was lowered down to a whisper.

"He's a bit moody today." I shrugged. "Let's go."

I grabbed her hand and we walked over to the pool. We met up with everyone else and Luis made sure people knew I was his. He hugged me from behind and kissed my head. I placed my hands on his arms as he slowly swayed me back and forth.

"Luis." I chuckled.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"You don't need to be showing me off to everyone."

He shrugged. "Too bad."

I laughed and shook my head. "Go get in the pool, you hobo."

He gasped. "Not this again."

"Just go." I waved him off.

He chuckled but let me go. He walked over to the pool with some other of his guy friends and Connie stayed with me.

"Julie looks nervous." She piped up quietly.

I looked over at her and she looked like she was glued to her seat or something. "Let's go check on her."

She nodded and we approached Julie. "You okay, Jules?" Connie asked.

She shook her head. "No..."

"What's wrong?" I asked while sitting next to her.

"I think I just got my period..."

"Oh, okay," I nodded. "That's fine."

"No, it's not fine!" She whisper-yelled. "I don't want people to see!"

"They won't," Connie shook her head. "We're gonna help you."

She nodded, "Okay, thanks."

"No problem." I nodded.

"Just do as we say, okay?" Connie nodded once.

Julie nodded back and Connie acted normal. She threw a towel at Julie and quickly wrapped it around her waist. Right as Julie stood up, I slipped a towel where she was sitting and acted as nothing happened.

"Okay, let's go." Connie waved us away.

I walked behind Julie to the bathrooms and sighed with relief. Connie gave me a high five while smiling.

"You good, Jules?" I asked.

"Mhm..." She hummed hesitantly. "Um, do either of you have a tampon?"

"Oh, yeah," Connie dug into her bag. "Here."

She handed it to Julie under the stall and we waited patiently. She eventually came back out and sighed.

"I guess I can't swim now."

"You can." I nodded.

She shook her head. "I can't. My swimsuit bottoms are soaked with blood."

I sucked in a sharp breath through my teeth. "Oh, right...."

She shrugged. "Just tell them I'm not feeling well or something."

"I can get you a new swimsuit from my house." Connie offered.

"It's okay," Julie shrugged. "I'm not in the mood for swimming anyway."

"I'm sorry, Jules." I rubbed her back lightly.

"Yeah, we can sit with you until we have to leave." Connie offered once again.

Julie quickly shook her head. "No, no, no, I don't wanna take your guy's fun away."

Connie refused. "Nope, I'm staying with you."

"Me as well." I smiled.

Julie chuckled lightly. "You guys don't have to."

"Well, we are." Connie shrugged.

Julie smiled and we walked out of the bathrooms. She shoved her swimsuit bottoms into her bag and we pretended as nothing happened. We continued talking about whatever and Connie kept looking behind me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She smiled sneakily. "Nothing."

"Connie, what-" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt someone pick me up.

I shrieked in fear as I heard Luis's laugh in my ear.

"Luis! Put me down!" I begged.

"Nope." He chuckled.

I wiggled around. "Luis, I'm serious."

He shrugged and held me right over the pool. I tried so hard to get out of his grip. "Luis!"

"You can't come to the pool and expect not to get wet."

"What- AH!" I shouted as he threw me into the pool.

My head sunk under the water and I came back up gasping for air. "I'm gonna kill you, Mendoza!"

He was just standing there laughing his ass off. I then saw Connie run up behind him and push him in. He yelped before smacking the water and I burst out laughing. Connie joined me in the pool and I gave her a high five. Luis whipped the hair off of his face and shook his head.

"You're dead, Peterson."

He splashed water at my face and I gasped. I splashed him back and it eventually turned into a huge water fight. I laughed the whole way through and Luis's angelic laugh bubbled through the air. I love him so much.

♥︎

author:
heyyyy. I hope you guys like the first chapter so far :) trust me it's gonna get a lot spicier. I'm kinda scared about what I'm gonna write but it's fine lmao. Stay gold, lovelies💕
~Olivia🤍

{2/24/21}