𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

𝕁𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟚𝟝, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☀︎︎

The ball came in contact with the bat as I swung with all my might. We watched as it soared through the air, then plop into a backyard. I smiled and looked over at Benny, who was smiling as well.

"See?" He walked closer to me. "You're getting better."

"Thank you." I chuckled.

I was about to hit another ball until I saw a shadow enter the field. I looked up and saw that it was Luis. What the hell is he doing here?

"Is that Luis?" Benny whispered to me.

I nodded. "Mhm..."

I started approaching him and gripped the bat into my hands. He looked up at me and he looked sick himself. His eyes were red, puffy, and the bags under his eyes showed me that he hadn't gotten much sleep.

"Hey." I nodded my head up.

"Hey..." He muttered.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "I just started walking and, um, somehow ended up here."

"Ah," I clicked my tongue. "I see. Where's Izzy?"

He swallowed nervously. "In the hospital."

I sighed. "Oh, I'm sorry."

He shrugged while letting out a harsh sigh. "It's okay. I just needed to get away for a bit. I don't like seeing her in pain."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I get that."

"Um, she misses you..." He mumbled.

"Oh, I miss her too."

I could see his eyes getting glossy with tears. "Yeah..."

Suddenly, his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and sighed. "Sorry..."

"It's fine," I said backing away.

He put the phone up to his ear. "Hello?"

L U I S
point of view.

"Hey, honey." My mom's voice chirped tiredly.

"Oh, hey."

"Where are you right now?" She asked.

"Um, I just went for a quick walk."

"Okay, um, is there any chance you could come down here? Izzy has to get shots soon and I feel like she would like you here instead."

I nodded even though she couldn't see it. "Yeah, I'll be there soon."

"Okay, thank you, I love you."

I smiled weakly. "Love you too."

She hung up the phone and I placed it back into my pocket. I looked back ahead and saw Amelia with Benny. She looked like she was in love with him or something. It hurt, but there was nothing I could do about it. We weren't dating anymore so, she could date whoever she wants, even if this dude was literally in college.

I spun around and just started walking, they wouldn't care where I was going anyway. Everything is going wrong. I've lost the girl who I love to death just because I was upset about Izzy, and now Izzy is practically dying. What am I doing wrong?