𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦

𝔸𝕦𝕘𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝟙𝟜, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☯︎︎

My feet pounded on the pavement as my laugh bubbled through the air. Luis's footsteps quickly caught up to me and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. A squeal escaped my mouth as I started catching my breath.

"Gotcha." He smiled.

"Okay, well, you're not the one with a human inside of you." I laughed.

He chuckled lightly and set me down. His hand gripped onto mine as we walked down the hot road.

"Any news about Izzy?" I asked.

His shoulders shrugged sadly. "I have no idea. I've been staying out of her way."

"Why don't you spend time with her?"

"I would, but Izzy is getting really sick and she doesn't wanna be around people anymore." He explained.

"How do you know?"

"I know when she wants to be left alone and this is one of those times."

I sighed. "I'm sorry. She'll get better soon, I promise."

His head nodded slowly. "Hopefully."

We suddenly heard someone running up behind us. Thinking it was Noah, I spun around quickly, ready to beat his ass. Luckily, it was just Grace.

"Oh, hey..." I mumbled.

She smiled and stopped in front of me. "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"Well, I'm right here." I laughed awkwardly.

She stared at Luis and her eyes glowed. "Hey, Luis."

"Hey." He gritted through his teeth.

He was clearly showing her that he didn't wanna talk to her, she didn't understand though.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked.

"Oh, nowhere-" I started but Luis quickly cut me off.

"We have plans," Luis butted in. "Alone."

She pouted. "Only for you two?"

He nodded. "Yep. Come on, babe."

He tugged me away from her and started walking again. She caught up to us and suddenly dragged Luis away from me. What the hell is her problem?

"Luis," She whined. "Why can't you just spend time with me?"

He scoffed. "Because I don't want to."

I watched sadly as she continued begging him to stay with her. I didn't wanna look like the jealous type, so I just started walking away.

"Amelia!" Luis sighed. "Wait!"

His hand slipped back into mine as he picked up his pace. Grace groaned and walked by my side.

"Um, I-I don't wanna sound mean, but...could you just leave Luis and me alone?" I asked politely.

Her face turned into anger. "What? No, I never get to spend time with you."

"I know b-but we'll have more chances."

"No," She sassed. "You're coming with me."

She grabbed my arm and started dragging me away. Luis huffed and kept a tight grip on my other arm.

"She said no, Grace." He grumbled. "Let her go."

Grace started pulling harder. "Shut up, Mendoza. You let her go."