𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

𝕁𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟛, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☁︎︎

I heard the front door open and little footsteps run inside. A small smile painted my lips as I walked downstairs. Izzy's eyes beamed up at me and she smiled.

"Bubba!" She squealed.

"Hi!" I happily scooped her up into my arms.

"I missed you!" She hugged me back tightly.

"I think I missed you more." I chuckled.

She shook her head. "No, I did."

"Hm," I hummed. "I still think I did."

She groaned. "Bubba!"

I laughed and kissed her forehead. She stumbled up to her room and my mom set her stuff down.

"Hi, Ma." I gently wrapped her up into my arms.

"Hey, honey." She sighed tiredly.

I examined the dark circles under her eyes. "Why don't you go lay down for a bit?"

She shook her head. "I can't. I gotta give Izzy her medicine."

"I can do it."

"You sure? She's not a fan of shots."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know what to do. You go get some rest, okay?"

"Thank you." A small smile spread across her face.

"Of course." I smiled.

She kissed my cheek before walking to her room. I grabbed Izzy's medicine and prepared myself for whatever was about to go down. I walked upstairs and slowly cracked Izzy's door open.

"Izzy?" I chirped. "Can I come in?"

"Mhm." She hummed while nodding.

I knelt in front of her and her eyes immediately darted to the medicine. She groaned. "I don't wanna do that."

I sighed. "You have to. Mom said."

She fell on her back and whined. "Nooooo!"

"Izzy, come on. I don't wanna do this either but if you don't take your medicine, you won't get better."

She slammed her feet on the ground and tears started dripping down her temples. "No, please!"

I huffed and knew I was gonna have to be a bit more aggressive. I am not excited about this.

"Izzy Mendoza." My voice was stern. "Sit up right now."

She sobbed harder. "No!"

"Izzy!" I shouted. "The sooner you behave, the sooner this will be over."

She kept whining. "I don't wanna!"

I cracked my knuckles. "Izzy, I'm not messing around. Let's go."

She whimpered but still refused. "No!"

She then slid under her bed and I groaned in annoyance. I peeked my head under her bed and she was shaking in fear.

"Izzy," I sighed. "Come on. It'll be over soon."

She shook her head. "No, I don't wanna."

I sighed. "I'm sorry about this."

She hummed in confusion but yelped as I grabbed her legs. I yanked her out from her bed and held her down. I felt really bad for doing this but it was my only option.

"It'll be done in two seconds, okay?" I said as I held the needle to her arm.

"No, Bubba, please!" She cried.