𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

𝔸𝕦𝕘𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝟚, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☯︎︎

L U I S
point of view.

I walked into Izzy's hospital room and she was laying on her side, staring off into the distance. She wasn't her usual happy, bubbly self. Instead, she was gloomy and tired. I hated seeing her like that.

"Hey." I softly said while kneeling next to her bed.

She just stared right past me and swallowed harshly. Her face was pale and her eyes were filled with tears but she had no emotion on her face. A long sigh left my mouth as I sat down next to her.

"Hey," I patted her back lightly. "Can you talk to me?"

She hugged Beary closer to her and completely ignored my question.

"Um..." I mumbled while leaning back. "Okay..."

She sighed softly and turned around so she was facing me. Her arms wrapped around my waist tightly as I pulled her closer to me. I saw tears fall out of her eyes but her face still had no emotion.

"Hey, hey, hey," I rubbed her head. "What's wrong?"

She sniffed. "I don't wanna die, Bubba."

I mentally sighed. I don't either.

"You aren't gonna die, amor, I promise," I reassured.

She hugged onto me tighter as a small whimper left her mouth. "I don't wanna leave you, or Amy, or Mommy."

I swallowed nervously as I thought about it. Should I tell her?

"You won't. You'll never leave us."

She looked up at me. "What about Amy's baby?"

My eyes widened slightly. "What?..."

"Mommy told me that Amy is pregnant."

"Oh, um, yeah, she is." I nodded.

A small smile painted her lips. "What are you gonna name it?"

My shoulders shrugged. "I'm not sure. We need to find out the gender first."

"Oh, I hope it's a girl."

I chuckled lightly. "I know you do."

"Do you want a boy or a girl?" She asked.

I sighed. "I don't care. Both are perfectly fine with me."

She smiled while sitting up. "Are you excited to be a dad?"

I nodded while propping myself up more. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought you wouldn't be too excited about it."

"Why would you think that?"

She held her head in her hand and used her other hand to play with my shirt. "Because what if Amy isn't the person you wanna spend the rest of your life with?"