𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎡᎬFᎡᎬᏚᎻᏆNᏩ

Hange frowned as she looked at y/n who was curled up in her blankets, laying on her stomach and reading a book Hange had leant her.

"So..." the brunette trailed off, looking away from her desk to fully face y/n.
"How come you're staying here again?"

"Levi is sleeping in his own room tonight," y/n said without looking up. "The MPs have to room with him so he didn't want them in the same room as me."

Smirking knowingly, Hange leans back in her chair and crosses her arms.

"That's very thoughtful of him." She teased, making y/n roll her eyes.

"Yeah, but also selfish and torture for himself." She closed the book and sat up, the blankets sliding off to reveal her large pyjama shirt.

Hange tilted her head quizzically, making y/n sigh as she sits cross-legged on the bed.

"He's not going to be able to sleep tonight," she started. "And he left me to sleep with you and your disgusting bedsheets."

"HEY!" Hange laughed, throwing her head back. "That's not very nice!"

"It's true though!" Y/n grinned. "When was the last time you washed them? Or cleaned your room? Or even had a shower?!"

Y/n and Hange stared at each other, both stone-faced and silent before Hange quickly jumped out of her chair and sprinted for the door while y/n scrambled after her, tripping on the blankets.

"HANGE YOU HAVE TO SHOWER AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK YOU DIRTY BITCH!" She yelled, getting hit in the face by the door after Hange swung it open.

"MOTHERFUCKER!" She clutched her face.

"YOU'LL NEVER BATHE ME ALIVE!" Hange yelled, already halfway down the hall by the time y/n got to her feet.

"HANGE GET BACK HERE!"

Y/n bolted down the hallway after her, her bare feet thudding on the wooden floor, still only dressed in her large oversized shirt.

Rounding the corner, there was no sign of Hange, meaning she had gotten away.
Groaning, y/n dragged a hand down her face in exasperation, the cold of the building finally starting to seep into her.

Walking over to the nearest window, she rests her arms on the windowsill and stared out at the darkened sky, the moon staring back from just above the wall.

Y/n could feel her feet burn from the cold floor but she ignored it, continuing to stare out at the sky, the cold nipping at her legs.

Gaze falling upon the wall, she glared at it. She always felt as though the walls mocked humanity and their dream of freedom.

"Just a matter of time.." she sighed to herself, closing her eyes and leaning her forehead against the cool glass.

" 'Just a matter of time' for what?" A deep voice asked from behind her, making her scream and whirl around, sending a high kick to their head.

Her e/c eyes soon met with piercing blue ones as Erwin's hand grabbed her ankle just before her foot connected with his jaw.

"Erwin!" She laughed with relief as he let go of her leg and she brought it back down. "You scared me."

Raising an eyebrow, he smirked at her.
"Yes, that was evident by your very girlish scream."

Y/n could feel her face heat up but, nonetheless, she rolled her eyes at him.

"But, you said something about 'just a matter of time'?" He pressed, leaning forward eagerly, his face suddenly serious.

Nervously, y/n averted her gaze from his awaiting gaze and tugged at the collar of her shirt and curling her toes slightly.

"Uhm, it's stupid.." her face scrunched up. "Promise you won't tell anyone? It could get me into trouble..."

Upon seeing Erwin nod, looking as determined as ever, she sighed, shoulders slumping in defeat.

"That walls are going to collapse at some point, we all know that. Everyone just refuses to acknowledge it, like they have for almost a hundred years." Erwin straightened up at her statement, though he looked just as intrigued.

"The enemy beyond the walls is more than just the Titans. They have to come from somewhere! And isn't it a bit suspicious how literally no one has any memory of life before the walls? Even though it was only ninety-five years ago, there's no record of anything living beyond the wall except Titans."

Y/n's small rant was cut short by the tall man in front of her when the most startling words she could hear from him were said.

"I agree." His voice seemed to echo forever inside her head as she looked at him with astonishment.

"Y..you do?!" She gaped, eyes wide and mouth ajar as he nodded.

"Yes, the enemy at hand is much greater than the Titans." He said seriously.
"And I believe there is human life beyond these walls and across what I believe is called the ocean."

After a few moments of stunned silence, a grin broke out into y/n's face and she started dancing lightly on her feet.

"YES!!" She cheered as quietly as possible. "I knew I wasn't the only person to think that!"

"I didn't think so either..." he smiled sheepishly. "That is my goal in this life, to find out the truth of the walls and what lays beyond."

"That would be nice." Y/n hummed. "Though, that might result in a bad outcome."

"Oh yes?" Erwin raised an eyebrow. "What makes you think that?"

"Well, why are we living behind gigantic walls with man-eating Titans after us?" She urged stressfully.
"There's gotta be an ulterior motive, they don't just...exist."

Again, Erwin nodded as a response, watching the young wanna rub the back of her neck and sigh in contempt.

"I love having philosophical talks with people who share my thoughts," she grinned up at him. "It's..."

"Refreshing." Erwin finished for her. "I agree, it's quite nice to know we having something in common."

Y/n nodded, turning to look out the window again.

"Like I said, only a matter of time..."