after thoughts

so, obviously the book is finished, but i have some few thoughts, answers, and announcements. thank you so much for all of the reads! i am very honored to be gifted with some many kind people who left so many sweet or funny comments! i really cannot express my appreciation for all of you enough.

does anyone else in derry have powers? well, a few were supposed to, but then i dropped the ideas, and if you look back you can tell. mrs. tozier, beverly, and greta were the main three i thought of. beverly was hinted at a little, but i ultimately let go of the side trope. she was going to be more of the spiritual kind instead of outright seeing it. but, you could also her having a deep understanding of human nature, so...

what caused the power? that is entirely up to interpretation! it could be random, genetics, some random universal selection, earned, another life, or whatever you want!

how did you come up with this idea? back in the day, i read a fanfic called outcast by @cuddlephan (don't ask, i'm embarrassed that i shipped real people with real emotions). in that, a character had telekinesis. so, i wanted to write a fanfic, remembered that one, and ultimately copied off of them. however, i originally took an entirely different spin off of it.

what was the entirely different spin? it was supposed to be in the point of view of an fbi agent. the power was actually going to be a super-chip that gave him the ability that eddie was being tested on (without sonia's knowing) for possible use in years to come. we were actually also going to get to know the agent piece by piece, too. i had a couple chapters going, but i stopped. the one chapter in this fic that i wrote where richie and eddie became boyfriends was based loosely off of a chapter where eddie convinced richie to go to a flower field.

what was your favorite and least favorite chapter? chapter eight was definitely my favorite to write and still is my favorite ever written. i really think it was important for their friendship and for their relationship. i just really had fun with it, and it was just so sweet. my least favorite was definitely twenty&nine. if you couldn't tell, i was having a horrible week, and i hadn't posted a chapter in over a week. it just overall just a bad chapter, and i apologize.

who were your favorite characters to write? stan and mrs. tozier, by a long mile. i wanted to represent maggie as a good parent. yes, she was a devoted catholic and didn't understand her son. yes, she wanted a girl, but she still loved her son. i did make her more of an easy going person in this than the book portrayed her, but i still showed the more important aspects. also, this is NOT hating on people who write the toziers as bad parents. i just like to stay true to the original text as much as possible for backround characters. stanley, on the other hand, was the character that i had fun with. he was the contrast of richie, and i tried to reflect myself onto him. i'm a naturally angry person, except when i'm around certain people, so stanley was also. i actually kin eddie, so this makes no sense, but whatever.

will you ever do a face reveal? haha. no. i like my privacy, and i really appreciate not being judged or thought of differently! thanks for understanding!

thank you so much for everything!

xoxo