Anticipation

Hwasa POV

Hwasa abruptly woke up to her phone ringing in her ear. She cursed, snatching her phone, straining her eyes to see whoever interrupted her sweet slumber.

Incoming: Wheeinie 

She has got to be kidding me.

"This better be good Wheein-ah" She groaned into the phone.

"Good morning to you too, Sleeping Beauty." Hwasa couldn't see but she knew Wheein was rolling her eyes.

Wheein continued. "Ya, what are you doing today? Do you want to go to the mall?" 

Hwasa removed the phone from her ear to check the time. 11:48 AM. Still a lot of time to prepare for my date tonight. Her mouth twitched up in a faint smile remembering her conversation with Namjoon last night. 

She hadn't expected to divulge so much during the conversation but he had made her feel so comfortable and heard. She had learned so much about Namjoon; his fears, childhood, hobbies... his turn ons. 

Hwasa takes a sharp intake of breath at the thought. A tiny voice inside of her kept saying that he just said that as a courtesy. I mean, when she said "a leader," she did mean to imply Namjoon but in general she was attracted to people who took charge. But then she remembered how he said his answer so definitively and how it made her cheeks heat up. 

Namjoon was transparent about his usage on the app. That he'd seen people on and off for the past year, but wasn't currently seeing anyone now. She didn't want to admit it, but hearing that disappointed her. Hwasa shivered at the thought of her just being another name to add onto his list. Oppa wouldn't think of me like that, would he?

She dismissed the doubts that plagued her mind and sat up realizing she was taking way too long to respond.

"Sure. I actually have to get an outfit for tonight. I'll pick you up in an hour. Bye!" Hwasa spit out nonchalantly hoping her friend wouldn't press further. But nothing could get past her puppy. Before she could hang up, Wheein yelled.

"Don't you dare hang up on me! Elaborate, what is this outfit for huh?"

Hyejin sighed, admitting defeat as she explained what happened last night. 

She found herself in the kitchen preparing some toast as she finished up her story. Wheein was practically squealing on the other line. 

"Wheein-ah, it's just dinner. Nothing to fuss over. I don't think he is taking this seriously." Hyejin reassures, mostly to herself. While doing so she didn't realize that she just voiced her fears out loud.

"Stop, this is big Hyejinie! And stop doubting. See how tonight goes and then make your conclusions." Wheein was genuinely happy for her friend. She knows Hwasa isn't the type to put herself out there like this. And whether or not something more would come for Namjoon and Hwasa, Wheein was happy that her friend was stepping out of her comfort zone. She'll be there for her through every heartbreak and celebration, though she hopes it'll be the latter. 

Hwasa and Wheein spend a good hour or two at the mall. Hwasa was thankful that the older called her to hangout. It definitely helped calm her nerves about tonight. 

Hands full of shopping bags, she fumbles with her house keys but eventually she is granted access. She sets her purchases down on the sofa. 

Hwasa was satisfied with the dress she picked out with cute heels to match. She also replenished on some makeup items she was beginning to run out of.