Epilogue: One Year

*Set during "MAMA 2021," but performances from MAMA 2020 will be referenced. (Let's pretend BTS didn't perform in the football field and poor Yoongi wasn't injured)

Hwasa and the rest of the Mamamoo members are inside their dressing/ waiting room getting ready for the MAMA 2021 award show tonight. 

They are all so pumped to see and perform for their fans again. But Hwasa especially so, because she will finally perform Maria live. It's been a long time coming and this performance is so long overdue. 

Granted, technology and the internet made this pause somewhat bearable. They have been able to host virtual fan meetings and performances, as well as attend award shows with fans tuning in online. But Hwasa feels that nothing compares to having the audience right in front of you. Nothing beats hearing the screams and applause  in real-time. The energy from fans fuel a performer, hypes them up to create a better performance than the last. 

She itches in anticipation to grace the stage again for her MooMoos. 

This award show is the first one they have post-covid. It's been a rough year or so for everyone. But to make up for this, the award show has prepared an impressive and lengthy line-up of performances. Almost all idols and groups will be in attendance, including Mamamoo and BTS. 

As her makeup artist puts the finishing touches on her makeup, Hwasa catches a twinkle on her neck while she looks in the mirror. 

The necklace Namjoon gave her almost a year ago still hangs proudly on her neck. 

With covid going on, and their activities halted indefinitely, they were able to see each other a lot over the year. Just only the last few months has it been challenging. This is because things are going back to normal. BTS and Mamamoo respectively are now more than ever in hot demand. 

Despite the sudden increase in work for both of them, they are both coping fine and cherish the times they do get to see one another. 

They are still going strong. Hwasa chalks it up to them both being very independent to begin with. 

They try to see one another at least every other week, even if it's just for a few hours at a time. The time they don't see one another, they make up in texts and FaceTime calls if they can get a chance.

In this case, however, Hwasa hasn't seen Namjoon in almost a month and a half. Both of their groups were practicing diligently for their year end performances. 

She is sure to run into Namjoon at some point during the show. She has been texting him on and off all day and last he updated BTS just finished walking the red carpet. Even though they have to pretend to not know each other, she was still excited to just catch glimpses of him. 

She was even more excited that he was going to come sleep over her house that same night since they finally have a free day the next day. Coincidentally, it just so happens to be their one year anniversary. 

...

Mamamoo are sat in the idol zone close to the stage. They are dressed in outfits that go perfectly well with their Agrabah version of Aya that they will be performing later.

Hwasa, however, is backstage with Jessi about go deliver their joint performance. She is dressed in a black cropped blazer with silver snake hardware, a black satin bralette, black shorts, gucci tights, and black heeled booties. She also wears her signature jewelry, with Namjoon's necklace included as it fit the snake concept of her outfit well. 

Jessi is first to go out, delivering a magnificent rendition of Nunu Nana. 

Finally, it's Hwasa's turn.