Chapter 14- Mission

Alexa's POV

We have been walking for the fifth day under the scorching heat of the weather and my eyes turned behind to see the girl gasping for air, stopping under a nearby tree. We all stopped and looked at her as she wipe another sweat.

I looked at her frail hands carefully, there were no calluses, and it was smooth. She can't be just a civilian. Kenma walked towards her.

"Shimizu-chan, want me to carry you?", she looked slightly baffled before nodding.

Kenma carried her on her back, wrapping her hands around his neck I saw a tint of red on her cheeks. I smiled until I felt four chakra signatures running towards us fast. My eyes widened at their chakra storage.

'Jonin levels.'

"Lhexi! Itsuki! Protect the client!", sensei yelled and we immediately surrounded Kenma and Shimuzu our back towards them with Kunais in hand.

I saw Iwagakure's symbol on their headband the moment they appeared as they threw shurikens at us. We blocked it and from the corner of my eye, I saw sensei battling two enemies.

A sword clashed with my kunai, smirking at my shocked reaction he tried to overpower me. I looked back to see Itsuki who had a bleeding arm fighting off another shinobi.

"Don't underestimate me!", I look back at the tall jonin in front of me who continued to wield his sword against me. I smirked at him.

"I'm the one you should not underestimate. Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu!", I yelled.

"What?!"

In the middle of us, a huge amount of water which shaped into a huge dragon shot up and attacked him. He got grazed after he managed to dodge it on time, earning me an angry vein popping on his forehead.

He began forming hand signs as I block Shimizu and Kenma with my body.

"Prepare to die! Koudo Supaiku!"

From the ground below large spikes attacked us and I barely managed to save Kenma and Shimizu from getting killed.

"Lhexi!", I clutched my bleeding shoulder as our enemy laughed.

"Kenma, lend me your sword.", I said as I look at him with stern eyes. He immediately nodded and toss me his sword up in the air, while he get a kunai for himself.

Oh fuck. I miss this.

I caught it and held it with my other hand. The enemy launched towards me sword in hand dashing towards me with such speed I twisted and turned the weapon. Just as he was about to slice through me I silently walked past him after whispering something.

"Mikazuki no Mai." (Moon Crescent)

Third Person's POV

The Iwagakure ninja stopped on his tracks to look behind him and coughed blood as he glared at the girl's back.

"You...!", before he even finish his sentence, blood leaked from his neck before it spurted to every direction as his head fell rolling on the ground.

The red-haired looked at the headless body that slowly plopped on the soil with a shocked and scared expression, his eyes turned to find the purple-eyed girl who was now gone. He looked frantically around and saw her stabbing Itsuke's enemy from the back. She immediately pulled the sword up, slicing the body in half.

Blood was everywhere on her body as her cold eyes turned towards the last enemy who was about to kill their teacher with ninjutsu. She rushed towards behind him.