Chapter 18- Ryuugaime Kyuuji

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the cloudy night sky. From a certain distance, large craters were all around the valley. It was recently created from a deadly battle between two enemies.

A pair of metal swords clashed against each other at a blurry speed. Dust particles circled the two figures, their brown hair dangling to each attack as their clothes sway to the wind. The two barely missed a mistake dodging their swords from slicing their throat.

"I expected less from the renowned Cursed Blade of Konoha.", golden eyes shone with amusement in the darkness, hiding a dangerous intent. "Your kenjutsu skills are superb. I must say it's second to none."

A huge mud wall suddenly rose from the ground in between them, as the long-haired male jumped away, hiding behind the shadows of the wall. His enemy only snickered as he whipped his katana in the air, its blade reflecting his malicious grin.

Sticking his index and middle finger together placing it millimeters away from the tip of his nose he closed his eyes.

"Seiryuugan!", he shot his eyes open which revealed to be flashing golden as three blue circles surrounded his now blue iris.

His vision heightened and he can see from his view, every living thing containing chakra, including that of his opponent who was running to the left. Smirking in triumph he manipulated the chakra in the male's body and greatly decreased it to depletion.

"That was rather disappointing.", he muttered as he inactivated his Dojutsu.

Believing he won as the figure fall on the deserted soil, he placed his sword back to its sheat. He examined the dead body, his katana beside the owner.

He silently walked towards his opponent attempting to claim his sword, when out of nowhere he felt a dreading powerful aura. And before he knew it, an ice spear pierced his chest and the body on the ground poofed to smoke.

Spitting blood he asks in incredulity. "How?!"

He didn't sense him, it was as if he appeared out of nowhere. He turned his head to the right glaring at the man behind him.

"You have always relied on Seiryuugan and you forgot the fact that you can only manipulate chakra in your line of vision. Your weakness is your blind spot.", a cold and low voice spoke.

He twitched the corner of his lips upwards, "I understand...now-uwargh! You were waiting...for me to use my Seiryuugan..."

Rich blood continuously fell on the ground, seeping through the soil. The long-haired male roughly pulled his spear from his chest and his enemy fell on his knees.

His eyes were drooping, his remaining seconds numbered but this wasn't a factor for him to accept defeat so easily.

"Even if I were to die, the clan's will shall never cease..."

The young man firmly held the handle of his spear before speaking.

"Devils like you have no right to live.", his words contained nothing but despitefulness, blood splattered on his face as he brought his spear to his enemy's head, striking his skull going past his brain as it get engraved on the ground.

He breathed the iron blood first before fluttering his eyes open and close. He walked past the body to pick up his sword before eyeing the two pairs of eyes watching his movements.

"You can come out now."

He returned his sword to the wooden scabbard attached to his back. Two shinobis walked up to him clearly showing a sight of horrifying disgust on the dead person.

The female one among them asks. "The usual, captain?"

Their said captain hummed in return. The two looked at each other before nodding. Forming hand signs they burned the body to ashes. After all, bodies lead to secrets.