Chapter 31

Karin's POV

I hugged my knees under the cool shade of the tree, taking a rest to regain my strength after running for straight five hours. Unclasping my fist, a tear-like gem necklace twinkled a little on my sweaty palm.

Up until now, I still don't know why I grabbed it and ran away. It just felt like I have to but, what an idiot I am. This is clearly very important to that person. She will surely look for me and then...

She will kill me.

I looked around the area only to hear a loud growl near me. A huge bear, larger than three elephants combined set his eyes on me, his pool of saliva dripping down on the grass as he move his leg in front.

He was getting close to me and I immediately made a quick run, the huge bear quickly on my tail.

Why do I keep getting in trouble?

I was quick but, the animal was faster.

Why do bad things keep happening to me?

My legs were already numb and sore from running earlier and it was only getting worst now that my breathings are ragged and I'm close to passing out, but the adrenaline rush pushed me out of my limits.

Damn it.

Each step the animal takes shakes the ground.

Damn it.

I bit my lower lip and felt something wet streaming down my face.

I don't wanna die.

I couldn't care less about what was happening to my body, I just want to live.

Then something got stuck on my foot and I cursed the world for giving me such a nasty way to get killed. If I'm gonna die, I want to at least have a proper death. And not be eaten by an animal.

I fell down, face-planted on the ground my glasses falling somewhere my eyesight only getting more blurry, and the soil got stuck on my face. I curled up into a ball as tears and snot filled my face.

I could hear the huge bear's harsh breathing and I shut my eyes close, embracing myself for the moment its fangs pierced my flesh.

"Moon Crescent."

Waiting for the animal to eat me, I felt nothing and slowly fluttered my eyes open. Someone was standing in front of me dressed in white red upper clothes and black pants.

Whoever this person is, I'm grateful to her for saving my life.

My hand moved around trying to find my glasses. I sat up and patted the dirt having a hard time looking for them.

The person who saved me walked over and picked something from afar before crouching down to my level. She took out my hand and placed something, based on the shape it was my eyeglasses.

Quickly wiping my tears away before wearing my glasses, my eyes widened when I recognized the girl before me.

But, something felt different. Her chakra feels different from before. Back then it was menacing, terrible, scary, and feels like that man I'd met before who had golden eyes.

She suddenly stood up and clasped the necklace that was just with me moments ago around her neck.

Now, her chakra feels refreshing and relaxing like the swaying of bamboo trees, it feels so warm but at the same time cool, just like the sun and the moon.

She's a completely different person from before. Moreover, her clothes were now in tatters and her stomach was bleeding furiously but, it felt like nothing to her. It seems like she just had a fearsome battle.