Chapter 38

O
=====/
          /
        / \
_ __/    \
             \
A/N

I'm sorry for not updating for so long, I'm so caught up with my new story that I forgot to update.

I think I've been losing my edge in writing recently. Probably I'm lacking on passion and inspiration :(

Third Person's POV

Tenzo stared at the giant tree infront of him before walking towards it. Placing his hand on the trunk he hissed under his breath as he grit his teeth in frustration.

"Tch. That bastard escaped."

He clutched his bleeding shoulder in pain before dropping on the ground exhausted. Closing his eyes to take numerous breaths, he opened them once again staring at the two fallen ANBU lying lifeless on the cold floor.

All he could remember was that they were attacked by a masked oni when they were fighting the Sand and Sound ninjas. He managed to counter attack however he lost two of his subordinates.

Blood dripped on the ground echoing inside a secluded building as Lhexi stumble around towards the corner of the room. Holding back her cries as she hold her stomach that was pierced with a sharp piece of wood.

Removing her red mask to get out of the suffocation, her trembling fingers trailed on the sharp edge of the lumber, purposely trying to pull it out in one quick motion. She bit her lower lip to shut her mouth from creating any noises until a crimson liquid began pouring down her chin.

She stared down at the hole on her stomach before her hands glowed green. She's losing more blood than she thought, at this rate she's gonna die soon. She can't possibly heal herself alone when she was lacking chakra.

She didn't knew they were that strong. She underestimated them, however she killed two of them. Two among the people who killed her clan. Lhexi could have gotten Tenzou if she didn't bring her guard down when he was pretending to be dead.

A sinister smile crept up to her face before she erupted into a fit of giggles and laughs. She wasn't even halfway there 'cause she's just starting. The finish line is still too far ahead of her.

Two men down, six more to go.

Hearing several more explosions, she looked outside the broken window her eyes widening at the beautiful sight. Be it Leaf, Sand, or Sound ninjas, they all stopped when the sky turned cloudy and snow white tears began falling.

Yamanaka Inoichi extended his hand to catch one snow drop before looking up.

"Yuki?"

Shikaku chuckled under his breath and relaxed his shoulders. "That guy sure took his time. Everyone, from this point on. Don't make a single movement!"

The Leaf shinobis were all confuse but, nontheless obeyed his orders. Kyuuji's eyes were darker than the night sky as he raised his hand up.

"It doesn't matter who you are, anyone who dares destroy my village shall be executed."

The snow stopped floating midair before they began crystalizing into sharp ice spikes that hovered all around the village.

"Hidden Art: Great Purge of the Darkness!"

His hands glowed blue before waving it down and the lances obeyed his movements shooting themselves into the enemies. It was as if they had eyes that they could tell the enemies from the Leaf shinobis. Almost half of the enemies were wiped out in an instant.