Chapter 7.

It was heard over the radio that the first runners were nearly at Bondi. Everyone was intently watching the ramp, hoping it was their partner who would arrive first. To everyone's disbelief, Maxi was the first one. He was paired with Gonzo and had been quite far back in the field in the swim because like most of the service, Gonz was scared of the shark. It was tradition that the last stretch of run on the beach was ran together by the pairs so that they cools cross the line together. Maxi and Gonz crossed the line, giving them the win. It was a little while before the next runner came through. It was Faddy. Mango ran up to him screaming in astonishment that she would once again place in the lifeguard challenge. She grabbed Faddy's hand as they crossed the line in second, giving eachother the biggest hug once they'd finished. Third was achieved by Boo and Jules with Lachie and Jesse coming in a close fourth.

The award ceremony began by congratulating those coming in the top three places, followed by those who lost and would have to clean the tower for the next year. The lifeguards concluded the night by sitting in a line by the shore, looking out at the sunset. Mango was tired to say the least so non intentionally leaned her head on Faddy's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her pulling her closer to him. Although there was a whole group around them, they felt so alone. Mango tilted her head and looked into Faddy's eyes before leaning more towards him, locking lips with the boy. Cheers could be heard around them as they both began smiling before turning to the rest of the group.

After the awards ceremony, all the lifeguards headed home to get ready for their night out. Each year after the race, the service would celebrate, heading to the local club to let their hair down and chill together. Faddy and Mango walked back hand in hand, both happy about sharing their first kiss. Although they weren't officially together yet, it was clear something was going on between the two.

Mango decided to wear her favourite dark green bodycon dress where as Faddy opted for the casual shirt abs shorts look. "Hey hot stuff" Mango said as she walked into the room where Faddy had been waiting for her to finish getting ready. It took Faddy a little while to say something as he was trying to comprehend how pretty Mango looked. "You scrub up well" she said to him, killing the silence which caused him to smile. "Let's go" he said holding the door for her as they walked to the club together.

The night consisted of multiple drinking games and several rounds of karaoke which Maxi and Jethro dominated. Mango didn't want to admit it but she was a lightweight. It didn't take much for her to let loose and all of the lifeguards found this entertaining. Jules, Deano and Singlets stayed sober, making sure everyone was safe. Soon, Mango found herself alone at a table with Faddy. They cuddled up together before hearing her favourite song come on. "Get up get up we're dancing" she squealed as she led Faddy onto the dance floor. They were soon joined by a very drunk lifeguard team. Mango couldn't describe how she felt, she just felt pure happiness, one she had never felt before.

Faddy leant into her, connecting their lips. This time their kiss was slower and sensual, they followed each other's rhythm and ended up pashing right there in the middle of the dance floor. Each kiss becoming deeper and more meaningful and before long, tongues were flying. A game of tonsil tennis was well underway and honestly Mango didn't want it to end.
However, after about 10 minutes they realised that they should probably go home, they both had work tomorrow and knew they should get a somewhat 'early' night. The night ended by a group photo and a post by the Bondi lifeguard Instagram page.

bondilifeguardsofficial

Liked by mango_, maxayshford, jessepollock and 4,394 morebondilifeguardsofficial: ending the night the best way we know how

bondilifeguardsofficial: ending the night the best way we know how

@mango_
partyyyyyyyyy🥳💓

@lukefaddy
The best night I've had in a while 🤙🏼

@deangladstone
Just wait until they all realise what happened in the morning 🤣

@jessepollock
Good times 💓

As much as the two knew they needed an early night, this was not in the agenda. They were two single hot kids, drunk off their heads. It was inevitable that something more would happen. As soon as they'd arrived back to their apartment, the two of them headed straight towards the bedroom. It's like that had communicated without talking, knowing exactly what they both wanted.

Mango's small body was soon pinned against the wall, her legs wrapped around the torso of the blonde boy. The kisses became slower and more purposeful as the pairs mouths danced together, creating a saliva symphony. "Faddy" mango said between kisses "as much as I want this, I want to remember our first time, you mean something to me and I don't want to throw that away" she concluded. The boy admitted that he had felt the same, so reluctantly, they both stopped.