Chapter 10.

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He asked, feeling himself blush as he spat out the question. This was soon set to ease by Mango's extremely excitable and joyous response "of course I would". She replied, not being able to hide her true emotions. The pair locked lips, celebrating their new status. Together.

As if that wasn't enough, Faddy had one last gift. He handed Mango a small box shaped item with a large red bow. Opening it gently, the wrapping paper revealed a small box with the word 'Pandora' on it. She looked Faddy in the eyes and continued to get into the box. As she opened it, she saw a petit and simple ring. Shocked, she looked to Faddy for an explanation. "It's a promise ring" he began, "it's to remind you that wherever you are, I'm always there with you, you don't have to be alone". She could feel her eyes begin to fill with tears. It took a lot to make Mango cry but Faddy, he seemed to have cracked her.

@lukefaddy

Liked by mango_, bondilifeguardsofficial, trentfalson and 7,083 morelukefaddy: we're best friends, right? <3

lukefaddy: we're best friends, right? <3

@welovebondirescue
Omg is this confirmation??!

@lachlan_mcarthur_
@maxayshford looks like you won this one buddy

@lifeguardbox
Can't believe you did it!

@lifeguardmaxi
Okay this is pretty cute tho

After the best time possible, it was time for the new couple to head back to Bondi and back to the place they both loved. Although Hoppo believed what Mango had told him previously about the fact she would stay professional in her job despite the distractions, he was unsure how this would play out. I guess you could say he was more afraid that Faddy's actions would change rather than Mango's. Mango had gotten quite the reputation in her earlier years as a lifeguard for sleeping around with her co workers, but she felt something so different with Faddy. He gave her a purpose, one she had never felt before.

It had been a few weeks since Faddy and Mango got together and things were better than ever. Neither of them were distracted by each other at work but they did notice they were beginning to have less shift with each other. However Hoppo did reassure Mango that this was only due to other lifeguards being unable to work certain days, so had to alter some of the shifts.

One thing Mango loved doing was having nights out with her girls. Although she really liked spending time and being with Faddy, she often needed girl time to balance of the testosterone she had to deal with every day. Tonight was Mango's girls night and she was excited to say the least. She'd raced home from work, had a brief but refreshing talk with Faddy, gotten ready and left. It just happened to be a night that Faddy was going out 'with the lads' so didn't have much time to spear either. They gave each other a quick goodbye kiss and headed their separate ways.

This was the first time Mango was going out without being single and honestly she was low key skeptical about it. It doesn't take a lot for Mango to get drunk meaning she wouldn't have full control over what she was doing. With that doubt in her mind, she headed into the club. Her mates were already their and all jumped up excitedly as they saw Mango enter. "Omg Mango!" One screamed, another waving over in her direction. She ran over to the group, hugging each one. Before long, they noticed the newly acquired piece of jewellery on her hand. "Hold up, are you- are you engaged?!!" One of them said, pointing down to her hand. She chuckled at this as all the girls began to squeal. "Hahaha no, no I'm not. It's a promise ring, Luke got it for me" she told them, with their squeals quickly turning into 'awwwws'.

The club was pretty dead that night so the girls decided to head back to one of their houses. Mango offered and they all stumbled back to her apartment. This was one reason Mango loved to live alone, she could invite anyone over whenever she wanted. She knew Faddy wouldn't be back for a long while so saw it as the perfect place. Throughout the night, the girls took heaps of photos, they snapped until they could snap no more. Mango loved posting these on her Instagram, they showed the true side of her wildness. Just as she was about to hit upload, she heard the door open and Faddy enter. He was shocked at first to see a group of girls dancing in the living area but soon brushed it off as he saw Mango join them in a cow boy hat. Faddy respected the fact that this was Mango's night so kept tucked away in his bedroom until the girls had gone.

It wasn't until around 2am that the last girl left and Faddy went to investigate the now quiet, empty feeling apartment. He found Mango in the bathroom, sat by the toilet contemplating why she had drunk so much. They locked eyes with each other and began laughing. "Ohhh Mango" he said, "I don't know why you do this to yourself" he laughed, walking over to her so that he could hold back her hair if her situation required it. "I guess this would be a bad time to remind you that you and I have the 6am shift today" he chucked knowing they would need miracles to be able to get through the next long day at work along with heaps amount of red bull.

After catching less then 3 hours of sleep, Mango heard her alarm go off, indicating she would need to get up and ready for work. She checked her appearance in the mirror and admitted she looked rough. She never wore makeup but today, concealer would be her best friend. She checked her phone as she was waiting for Faddy so they could walk together to see that one of her friends had tagged her in a post. As soon as she saw the photo, she burst out laughing. Luke was confused as to what the girl found so amusing until she showed him his phone. "Oh yeah I'm glad I stayed away last night" he said, joining the girl in her laughter.

@mangosbestie

Liked by mangosotherbestie, bondifan1, harrisonreid and 132 moreMangosbestie: girls just wanna have funnnnn 🤪Tagged: @mango_

Mangosbestie: girls just wanna have funnnnn 🤪
Tagged: @mango_

@harrisonreid
Have fun working the 6am tomo @mango_

@mango_
I don't even remember this 🤣😭

@bondifan1
We stan