| Chapter 9

══════════════════

Hawks woke up to an annoying alarm ringing in his ear

Hawks woke up to an annoying alarm ringing in his ear. He noticed (Y/n) was still asleep so he rolled out of his bed and went to her side. "Good morning baby bird," He whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek, "time to get up."

She hazily opens her eyes and gets out of bed. As her back faced him, he grabs her from behind and pulls (Y/n) close, nuzzling his head into her neck and planting a multitude of kisses. "Today's the day!!" Hawks said happily, referring to her surgery later.

"Today is the day." She repeated but not with the same excitement. "You nervous?"

"A bit but I'll be fine. We'll be fine." She replied with a bit more confidence in her voice. "We'll?" Hawks asked as he was confused as to why he was included. "Yes, we. You have work today don't you?"

"Oh yeah I do."

"Then," (Y/n) removed Hawk's hands from her and started to walk away, "we should go and get ready." He groans but follows her to get dressed. As he had heavy duty amour, weapons and more layers than her, she got changed faster and Hawks found her sitting on her bed, writing in her journal while humming her song.

"♪Two birds of a feather♪
♪say that they're always gonna stay together♪
♪but one's never going to let go of that wire♪
♪she says that she will but she is a liar♪"

She hears Hawks close the door so she turns and smiles at him. "You ready?" She asked him, seeing as he was already in uniform. "Almost. Just got to put on my eyeliner."

"You wear eyeliner?" She chuckled, almost bursting out laughing. "Don't judge me. It brings out my eyes." He pouted at her as she went over to his side. "Let me help."

He agrees but a smirk grows on his face as an idea pops into his head. When (Y/n) goes to get the eyeliner he grabs her by her waist and pulls her onto his lap. As she was on her on top of him, one leg on each side, he looked up to her face. He smiled seeing a light red tinge her cheeks.