| Chapter 11

══════════════════

The final chapter!!!

It's a bit short but it's only really for closure. In honestly I'm not that good at endings but I'll try and get better for book 2 (yess it's official, there will be a book 2!!! Details at the end)

Btw the song at the top is just to show you the song I was referring to throughout the book. You don't have to listen while you read unless you want to.

Hope you enjoy ❤️

Hawks looked over to the divers seat and saw Best Jeanist

Hawks looked over to the divers seat and saw Best Jeanist. He tried to talk but noticed the mask on his face, helping him breath but also not allowing him to talk. "Hawks," Jeanist said noticing he had woken up, "I'm glad your awake. I almost thought you were dead."

Hawks pulled out his phone and typed something for the device to say for him as he couldn't talk on his own. " sorry, slept like a log on you." The electronic voice said. "It's fine." Jeanist replied.

Hawks nodded but his mind was in a different place. He felt as if he was dreaming about something but his memory was foggy on what he was dreaming about. A part of him felt empty, like he had lost something, like he was incomplete but he didn't know what was missing.

He left it to recent events of the war making him feels this way and the feeling will soon go away. However as days turned to months, the feeling of emptiness never left him.

6 months later

Hawks flew around town on his regular patrol. Today, lucky for him, was pretty quiet. He had only found 1 or 2 villains and were only committing minor crimes. He's glad everything has somewhat calmed down after everything that had happened in the war but he still had an incomplete feeling coming from deep inside him.

As he flew Hawks noticed a lone girl, walking down the street. He didn't know what, but something about her drew him to the girl. He landed on a nearby lamppost and perched on it, positioning himself so he can she her but she wouldn't notice him. As planned, she walked by without noticing the pro hero. Hawks was about to fly off and go on with his patrol until he heard the soft humming of a song.

"♪two birds on a wire
♪one tries to fly away and the other♪"

Before he could realise what he was doing Hawks flew down to the girl and put a hand on her shoulder. He knew her. He didn't know from where or how he knew the girl but he knew her. Surely if he recognised her then she would know him and tell him how they met.

The act of putting his hand on her shoulder shocked the girl and she quickly spun around in surprise. "Hey." Hawks said in a friendly manner, hoping the girl would recognise him. At first she was surprised but then gave a calm look to the pro hero. He saw it as a sign that she knew him but little did he know he was very wrong. "Do I..."

"...know you?"

END

Thank you so much for reading

Thank you so much for reading. This has been really fun to write and I'm glad that some people have had the chance to read my story.

I'll be taking a short break for a week but afterwards I will start my new book Palimpsest that's a book 2 to this story. It'll be following the Monday, Thursday update schedule that I mentioned previously. I decide that I'll also publish Opia which is a Bakugou x reader that'll come out every Thursday after my week of hiatus. Thanks again and I'll hopefully see you again on the 8th.

Love you all (❤ ω ❤)

- these notes are from pretty long ago so book 2 is already out!!! If you wanna read book 2 it's on my profile along with Opia ( ^ω^ )

══════════════════