Chapter 24: His Will for my life

AUTHORS POV

"WOOOHHH WOOOP WOOOOP!!!"

The group of soldiers cheered as you were, now, far from the Titans in Shiganshina... the mission was complete.

The group hadn't stopped celebrating since you all reached Wall Rose, in fact, they were so happy that they didn't even take notice of the emotion swimming through their comrade behind them.

You were the one who was at the back of the group... starting to cry.

'Lord...'

Tears fell from your cheeks as you said a prayer in your mind.

'Is there no way this can be... avoided?'

...

...

...

You stayed still and quiet for a short time... and then He spoke.

'Child, truly I say to you, if this isn't done... then Colten will attack with a stronger army of demons and destroy the people of the Walls. With the situation that's at hand, in the lives of the citizens, the people will be broken easily. And it's your job to make sure this doesn't happen.'

Your tears fell faster, but the sounds of your soft sobs were drowned in the sounds of the cheers of your group.

'Lord... I'm sorry... I'm afraid.'

'Child... it is normal to feel fear. I know you don't desire to pick your life over Me, it's just your fear.'

'Lord...what do I do?'

...

...

...

'(Y/n)...remember...Just as I was a sacrifice for the world... you will be too... and just as I knew I was going to pass on... now, so do you.'

His words ended when a loud grumbling sound shook the ground.

As the horses halted in fear, all of your heads turned.

You looked to what was those same 20 Titans... all coming after you, and they were going full speed.

FLASHBACK

'God...this can't be...'

You thought, looking down at everyone's food.

The potatoes on Christa's plate looked like humans, and the broccoli Eren wasn't eating looked like trees... 

It was then that you could see what was off about these plates.

Christa ate the one piece of potato... but didn't touch the last 8 pieces.

"Hey, (y/n). Look how life like this picture is!"

And when you looked at the picture, it was confirmed... that there WAS a person on the mission... who wouldn't be saved from the battle.

FLASHBACK END

Much like the food last night, there were Titans, there were trees behind them... and there was one soldier who would be taken away from the group of 9.

And you knew who it was, what their fate was... and what cause it would have.

"Guys..."

The Titans were getting closer.