a second chance

Sawamura wake up in a grass field with a sun shining brightly at the blue sky. A girl look at him from above.

" Are you awake? Eijun"

"Wakana?!" He sit up suddenly and find his old team mates from Akagi sitting around him.

"Ei-chan what's wrong? Are you having a nightmare?" Ask Nobu.

"..Is this heaven?" He ask still didn't believe.

" Huh?! What are you talking about Ei-chan? Are you thinking that we lost our game and when you nap you die?" Ask Hiro

" Game? What date is today?"

"It's 20xx, we just lost in our first practice match. Don't tell me your forgot that just 2 weeks ago we granted permission to make baseball club?" Ask Wakana worried.

' this...did i get back in time? Or..this is a dream?'. He pinch his own arm and it hurts, that pain is the answer to his question.

"Guys you know, i want to say sorry for dragging you all on baseball"

"What suddenly? Why are you apologizing?" Ask Rui.

"We want to join you make a baseball club on our own choices. " Answer Nobu.

"Then if that's the case I...have a dream, that i want to make a reality. I...want to go to Koshien with you all but I want to go there show our baseball to the whole nation as a team." He look at each and everyone of them showing his determination.

"Eijun did you forgot? Your dream is our dream too. If the Ace and Captain carrying our dream then we carry yours." Answer Wakana followed by others nod.

" Guy's i know that we lack on everything and we didn't even have a coach. So to less the school burden on searching coach for us. I want to take the coach spot. There's a training menu that i have in mind for us and yours individually. Can I?" Sawamura ask.

" Well you know baseball more than us so why not?" Says Masu

" Then please when we start, promise that none of you would kill me." He say

  They looked at each other confused then nod. Since then he start training them while he train his own pitch. And nothing is impossible if you train till you dying everyday at least that what they tell him as they keep on from our first year summer competition until they reach their third year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  If in the past Akagi is shut down, now because of their baseball team Akagi is known to become one of the Nagano Power house. In the beginning in their second year they have a coach that want to train their team and lot of new student want to join their school.

But, because of the coach still unfamiliar with the team. He helped him train the team while acting as a vice coach, captain and Ace.
They win 3 times the invitational and 1 time in summer national.

' I master 11 pitches but all this time i only show till 5 of my numbers, but I guess it won't be necessary... junior high and senior high level is different.. i better save them till i went to Seido.'

"Eijun what are you thinking about?" Wakana coming over and lean over the wall next to him that's sitting while leaning on the hotel window.

"Wakana? You didn't sleep?" He ask

"Nope, I'm just.. still can't believe that we came so far...from the unknown to the dark horse then a power house." She answer while smile softly.

" Well it's all thanks to your all hard work following my training."

" Eijun...I heard that your rejected the school that scout us for highschool."

"Yes, sorry. It's just that... there's a school that i have made up my mind to go to."

" It's okay we understand. But just know that you'll be our only Ace no matter where you are."

He stay still looking at her eyes that filled with absolute certainty. He smile softly at her

" I know, thank you Wakana."
He said it genuinely cause whether it's from the past or not their faith on him never waver.

"Come on Ace you better rest up tommorow is the final of our summer you better ready and I'm curious what highschool you want to enter. Didn't almost every power high school try to scout you including the power house in tokyo that went to the final summer.. Inashiro right?" Wakana look at him.

"Well none of them interested me." He stop in his track fron realization.

'in our second year Inashiro try to scout me but now I'm in the third year and Takashima san haven't scout me to Seido.. don't tell me..'

He get rid of any bad thought and went back to his room to sleep. Tommorow is the only thing that he have to focused on for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

They went to Koshien stadium and greet by lots of fans and people who have support them.

Summer Koshien Final
Akagi junior high VS Chiba Tech junior high

The final match started, unlike in the past where his batting is a liability. Now he can almost hit homerun every time he bat but it's not that easy getting there knowing from morning, noon and night he have to swing a weight bat 200 swing each session.

And just like that the game was called at the fift inning with the score 13-0

The opposite team was crying while they cry to but a conflict feeling happy that they won but it's the last match they can play together as a team.

Even though they're known as a power house. He rarely let anyone interview him. But he didn't know that since the beginning of the match a group of people were watching at the stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well? Do you mind telling me why you're interested in this match?" Rei said to the 2 boys that she scout last year.

The boy with glasses only had a small smile on his face while the green hair holding up his tears.

" It's just that...who doesn't know them? And your planning on scouting their Ace right?" Said Miyuki.

" Yeah...I can't wait till he came." Kuramochi follow.

" But it's gonna be hard to pursuit him you know. Many national school try to scout him but failed." Rei answered

'no... he'll come, even if he's a perfect player and we can't tell him that we're from the past at least we have a second chance to play together again..'

TBC