Chapter 6

My head was spinning and I blacked out.

I woke up to Matt softly shaking me. The words on the note repeating over and over in my head. "I don't know if I can take this anymore. I debate my life. A big topic. Soon." It was dated 12/3/12. That's all the note said. It was in a sloppy but girlie handwriting. It seemed all too familiar.

"Matt did you write that!?"
He shook his head and looked down. A tear cascaded down his cheek.

"Who did then??" Matt just shook his head. He grabbed his pack and starting walking. According to my phone it was 11:18pm. It was only our second night.

I sat on a rock and pulled out some water and a chewy granola bar. I also pulled out some goldfish that were already in little baggies with portions.

Matthew sat down next to me. Thoughts raced around my head of who wrote that. The words seemed all too familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Why do you cut?" Matt asked after a few moments.
"because it makes the pain of everything around me seem more minuscule." I bluntly replied. Matt just shook his head and sighed.

"Who wrote that letter?" I questioned again.
"I only know who it was because I found it in their bag. Well it fell out of their bag. " I looked at him sideways. He didn't seem to have anymore details so I stood up and started walking.

The leaves crunched underneath my feet. I kept thinking about the letter. It looked as if it was from a diary.

Then it hit me.

I pulled out the note and stared down at it.

It was from my diary. It was from sophomore year at the height of the abuse. When Austin threatened to kill me if I left him.

I collapsed and remembered how I had hid that note in my purse. It must've fallen out of my purse Matt's house.

"You remember now don't you?"
I let out a shaky breath and nodded.