Chapter 12

"Car that was too close. We have to be more careful next time." Matt whispered quietly and we inched our ways through the woods.
"I know. " I replied bluntly. Are me and Matt dating? Or are we just a thing? At this point the world may never know.

It had been 3 weeks on the run. And I was tired of running. After all? What did we even have to do with this anymore? Austin killed himself. Matt had shot him twice once in the shoulder once in the foot. But that was in self defense.

I thought about talking it through with Matthew but he seemed in an odd mood so I decided to wait till later.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

•The next day

I had an odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. Last night matt and I cuddled on the ground contently. We shared little things like our full names and favorite colors. He still hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend though and it was bothering me.

As we walked we held hands and let them sway between us. Occasionally when there was a big boulder to get over or a fallen tree matt would climb over first and then help me over.

I realized how short I was compared to him. I am 5'4" and he's 5'11". gees. 7 inches. that's. a. lot.

As we reached a beautiful clearing Matt turned to me and smiled.
"Carlie. I have known you for all of three weeks now. But that's been more than long enough for me. You have a gorgeous smile and a glimmer in your eyes. I want to be with you for a long long time. Carlie Aliyah Smith will you please be my girlfriend?"