rebuttal (3)

"alright, we're gonna raid Tommy, I'm pretty sure he's got some awesome stuff planned for today! Bye guys, thanks for all the primes!"

The raid goes through and you sigh, letting your shoulders fall, not even realizing the tension you were holding. It's been four days since Alex told you about Nick. Sure you've been feeling a bit better but you're still hurting. A lot. You've kept up with streaming cause you don't want anyone to know something's up. You haven't talked to Nick since Alex told you and he's been messaging you. You hate ignoring him but you just can't talk to him for a while.

"Hey, how was your stream? It sounded like it went well"

You look over at Alex, he's leaning against the door and looking at you with sympathy, he's been doing his best to be of some comfort for you.

"Ya, the chat was being really funny with donos today, it honestly helped my mood a lot"

They really did. Sure there was the really weird people in chat, and those who made you want to rip your hair out in annoyance. But the rest of chat is really cool and they we're being really funny today. There was one dono that said they missed your streams with sapnap, but you just couldn't bring yourself to stream with Nick. Sadly, you did have a lore stream with him soon, and you couldn't avoid that.

"That's good to hear. I was thinking we get some soup for dinner tonight. It's been a while since we had some. Plus, I have a stream later with Nick and Clay so I don't feel like eating junk"

You just nod and he smiles, closing the door behind him as he leaves. You're starting to get fed up with being sad. You can't avoid the lore stream, plus, Clay asked you to be on the stream tonight and Nick is also gonna be there. You decide you have to do something. You grab your phone looking through your contacts on snapchat, trying to find someone who could distract you. Maybe finding someone would take your mind off Nick, get rid of the feelings you had. One name sticks out to you, Kyle, you hadn't talked to him for almost a year now, but you did like him for a bit back then. You open your chats with him and send a friendly "hey, it's been a while, what have you been up to"

With that, you walk into the kitchen, looking at Alex as he finishes up ordering the soup. You honestly were excited for some soup, sometimes it just hits the spot.

"I got you spicy lemongrass again. I know it's your favourite, I can still switch it if you don't want it"  (that's my favourite btw hehe)

"Thanks for remembering, that sounds honestly so good right now"

You smile as you feel your phone vibrate, Kyle's name popping up from snapchat.
"Hey stranger, been a minute. I've just been focusing on school n shit. How are you? I've been checking up on your streams every now and then, they seem to be going great!"
You smile, he checked on your streams! You slowly start to remember why you had feelings for this guy. Sure he had one of those names but he was a really nice guy. You take a bit, just looking at the message, not quite sure how to answer.
"I've been pretty good lately. It's really cool to hear you've seen a few of my streams. I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch sometime soon?"
You rub your fingers together nervously and send the message. You look up to Alex looking at you suspiciously.

"What, I can't smile at my phone?"

He chuckles, shaking his head as he walks towards you.

"No, I'm just curious what's suddenly got you in the good mood. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I'm just glad to see you happy."

You pause, wondering if you should tell him. He wasn't exactly a fan of Kyle, convinced he was a bad guy. But Kyle had been nothing but nice to you, plus he could be what keeps the sex havers together. If you get over Nick you won't have to keep avoiding him. You sigh, there's no point in keeping a secret, Alex would find out somehow anyways.

"Oh um, you remember Kyle? I think we're going to get lunch together soon."

He looks at you, slightly disappointed, but he tries to cover it since he misses seeing you happy.

"I mean if it makes you happy. But if he so dares to hurt you in any way, my fists are ready to attack"

He laughs and you shove him, causing him to trip over a chair. You both start laughing your asses off, finally stopping when the doorbell rings. The soup must be here. You offer your hand to help him up as he heads to the door to grab the food.

------

"So are you coming on stream tonight? I'm pretty sure Clay wanted you to come on."

You ponder for a second, taking the last spoonful of soup up to your mouth.

"Ya, I can't keep avoiding Nick, plus, Kyle has helped keep my mind off of him a bit"

Kyle had answered earlier, and you and him planned to get lunch the next day at a small cafe down the street. The thought of your date felt refreshing, plus, the cafe had some amazing banana bread.

"Great, you got 20 minutes til we start. It's gonna be really fun, well I hope at least. Ok scratch that, it'll be as fun as monopoly can be!"

You grab the garbage from your dinner and drop it into the trash and get ready to quickly do the dishes before stream. Maybe talking to Nick won't be so bad, just act like you did before, you never dated him, he never liked you, nothing was different.

------

"Oh look who finally decided to show up"

Clay chuckles as Nick signs into his account for the monopoly website. He was almost half an hour late, somewhat to my relief.

"Shut up dream, when a man needs to shit, he needs to shit"

The whole call burst into laughter, Clay's wheeze cutting through all of their laughter. As much as you hated it, Nick was funny. You suddenly get hit with a wave of sadness hearing his familiar laugh. Alex notices your slight change in body language, giving you a thumbs up out of view of his face cam. You breath in, recomposing yourself. Just think about lunch with Kyle tomorrow, you got this.

"Ew sapnap, the whole world doesn't need to know you don't eat enough fiber"

The call once again breaks out into laughter at your comment. This makes you feel slightly more at ease. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

"Ooo fibre ooo healthy"

Nick mocks you, laughing between each word.

You look over as Alex smiles at you, you can tell he's glad you're easing back into things.

------

"Hey, just wanted to say the stream was awesome! I'm glad you just eased back into it. So, when are you seeing Kyle?"

You smile, turning to look at Alex. He really did look genuinely happy for you, even if he wasn't a fan of Kyle.

"Oh, we're meeting tomorrow at 12:00 at the cafe down the street, you know the one with amazing banana bread"

He suddenly perks up, excitement filling his eyes. That banana bread was like a drug to him.

"No matter how your little date goes, I expect some banana bread in my arms when you get home"

You laugh, rolling your eyes and plaster a large grin on your face giving him two thumbs up. He laughs and leaves you to sleep, knowing you're nervous for your date. You feel equally nervous and excited, you'll actually have to get yourself all cleaned up. But you try not to worry too much about it so you can get some sleep. There's no way you're going to go on a date with huge bags hanging below your eyes.

A/N

I was honestly hoping this chapter would be a bit more interesting but i wasn't too sure how to introduce Kyle. I also wanted to introduce some Clay content but, you get more of that later so take the one sentence he said. Like always, let me know how I can improve.

1420 words