new terms (11)

The car pulls into the driveway and you look down happily at the octopus in your lap. Nick holds the door open for you as you get out of the car. Alex and Karl stay in the car so they can go and grab some groceries. You guys decided to make homemade pizza for dinner tonight.

"What should I name it?"

You look over at Nick and George as they settle on the couch to wait for the food.

"I don't know, like dick cheese or something"

You can't help but chuckle at George but try to hide it. Nick gives him a glare before turning back to face you.

"Maybe you could name it after me"

He raises his left eyebrow in a smolder and you just laugh. You realise they're gonna be no help at this point.

"Maybe I'll call your Dream George, then maybe he'll give me a good name"

George pretends to take out some imaginary earrings and gets up from the couch. Nick starts to chant "fight!" and George gets closer to you. He dives for you but you dodge it and he falls next to the couch. You and Nick break out into laughter, George soon joining in. George sits back down as you head to the office. You wanted to get some editing done before Karl and Alex get back.

You lightly smack your desk in frustration. You can't get the timing of this one part to line up. You hear a knock on the door and Nick walks in. He grabs Alex's chair and sits next to you.

"George is calling Dreamy and I didn't want to be in the same room as that"

You giggle, something you only do around Nick and then look away from your editing. Nick notices that you seem a bit stressed.

"Hey, what's up?"

He puts a hand on your shoulder.

"I just can't get the timing for this part right. I've tried so many times"

You shake your head, realizing how dumb it was to lose patience over something so small.

"Here, let me try, I know how annoying this shit can be"

You roll your chair so that Nick can move closer to the keyboard. He takes your headset off and puts it on, clicking and typing away. After about five minutes, he smiles and puts your headset back on. You turn to face the screen and press play for that section. And of course, he had figured it out and done it exactly how you envisioned it.

"How did you do that so... Doesn't matter, thank you"

He puts Alex's chair back and pushes your chair back to its original spot, while you're still in it.

"Oh, and I thought of a name for your octopus by the way; yellow."

You look at him confused at the name. He see's your confusion and laughs.

"Well, yellow is purples complimentary colour and he can be your little yellow."

He then reaches into his hoodie pocket and pulls out another octopus, but this one is yellow. You smile.

"And I'm assuming that ones name is purple?"

He nods and pulls you into a hug. You hug back, wanting nothing more than for him to hold you.

"I couldn't ask for a better best friend"

Being around all your best friends was amazing. They're honestly your favourite people. Your feelings for Nick are only growing.

------

"Hey I think you have a bit of flower on your face there"