24. The Other

Chapter 24 - The Other

"Shay, can you pass me the copy?" I ask my assistant to pass the copy that's been in my table for hours.

"U-uh... Are you sure Johanna?" She asks and held her glasses while looking at me.

"Sure, lemme see it."

She passed the copy on my table. "Here, thought you might consider it." She clicks her tongue and gets back to her table.

I look and read it. It was a copy of an agreement between me and Paul.

It's about a week now since I kicked him out of my apartment. Hindi ko siya pinapansin simula noon at ito naman ngayon siya naghatid ng copy ng agreement daw namin.

What I heard is he's about to terminate me but he can't do it I know. He really can't do it because what he have now is because of me.

Tumikhim ako. I read all the statements. It was from his lawyer and the agreement is all about me and him. He's letting me choose over removing my mind chip and not marrying him or not removing my mind chip but I'll be marrying him.

What a crap! Hinding-hindi ko siya papakasalan at hinding-hindi din ako papayag na alisin nila ang chip sa utak ko.

Part of his plans is to marry me and kill me. I knew it. That's why he killed his parents to let all the proceeds for him. His parents' last will is if he's married all of their assets will be transferred to him. Ngayon kasi kalahati pa lang ang naacquire niyang assets mula sa parents niya dahil wala pa siyang pinapakasalan.

"Shay, I'm done. Can you go and tell Paul that I'm not gonna sign it?" Tumingin ako kay Shay at binalik ang papel sa table ko at nilapag ito.

Mukha naman siyang nataranta sa sinabi ko at tumingin sa may likuran ko.

"I... I don't think I can do that."

"Shay? What's wrong?" Taka kong tanong kasi halos mamutla na siya.

"He's..."

"Yeah, I know he's busy but you can just pass it to him okay?" I insist.

Kumagat labi siya tsaka ko naman siya tinaasan ng kilay at tumingin sa likod kung saan doon siya nakatingin and then I saw Paul's serious face looking at me.

Oh, gosh! He heard me of course.

"Oh, you're here! Hindi mo na dapat pala ipasa sa office niya kasi nandito na siya." I say and awkwardly stood up to give him a warm welcome.

"Hmm-hmm." Tumikhim siya at nilapitan ako. He kissed me on my cheek at naupo sa swivel chair na bakante. "Can you leave us alone?" He asks without looking at Shay. Umalis naman ito kaagad na nakayuko.

"Why are you here?"

"You know the answer, don't ask. Have you read it all?"

Paul's been good-looking guy and attractive too but he's arrogant and he gets what he wants all the time.

"Not yet. So, what's gonna be?"

"If you can understand, I can explain it to you."

"Go on, I'm listening." Naupo ako sa table habang hawak ang papel na galing sa kanya.

"Fine." Umayos muna siya ng upo at inayos ang tie niya tsaka ako tinignan ng nakakalulang tingin.

"First of all, it's an agreement between us that if you don't agree, you'll be terminated in my company. The agreement is a win-win Johanna. If you disagree with me, you'll lose."