A New Year

Trigger warning: Self-harm mention.

Here's to New Year's!" Osomatsu held up his glass. "Cheers!" You clinked your own glass, a faint smile on your face.

"Any resolution of ours just reminds us we are losers," Choromatsu murmured.

"Don't be so negative, Fappymatsu!" Osomatsu slapped him on the back. "Maybe you'll lose your virginity!"

"I'm leaving, bye." You pushed your chair back, giving Chibita a killer death glare. You still hadn't forgotten the rental girlfriends incident. "Oh, wait." You dropped a handful of yen in front of him quickly.

"Wow, someone actually paid for once!" He picked up the money and began counting it. "Hold on, you gave me a little too-"

"Keep the change, you filthy animal." You could still hear them laughing once you were several blocks away. "Idiots." You walked up to their house, stopping in front of the door. "What's that noise?" You looked up to see Karamatsu on the roof.

"I once had a girl
Or should I say, she once had me
She showed me her room
Isn't it good, Norwegian wood

She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a-"

"Karamatsu?"

He jumped, nearly dropping his guitar. "O-oh, (Y/N)! I didn't see you there, hehe."

"Was that you just now?" You walked directly below him. "Playing and singing?"

"Well, I...yeah, I was. I do that in my spare time." You let out a small laugh. "What's so funny?"

"I figured you'd be trying to pick up Karamatsu girls in your spare time."

He rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, very funny." Karamatsu held his hand out. "Want to join me?"

"I don't know, what if I fall or something?" You looked at the roof nervously.

"I'll catch you." You nodded, letting him pull you up. "See? It's not so bad."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. So that song you were playing earlier..."

"Painful as usual?" He let out a humorless chuckle.

"No, I mean it was really good! Could you play for me?"

"Really?" Karamatsu took his shades off. "You want to hear me play?"

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's just...no one has wanted me to play for them before." He looked down at his guitar. "They didn't really seem to care what I did, as long as I wasn't burdening them with my painfulness."

"So you're not going to play for me?" Your face dropped.

He bit his lip, glancing up nervously. "Promise you won't laugh if I mess up?"

"I wouldn't laugh."

He took a deep breath, nodding once.

"I once had a girl
Or should I say, she once had me
She showed me her room
Isn't it good, Norwegian wood

She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair

I sat on the rug, biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two
And then she said, 'it's time for bed'..."

You blinked as he went into an instrumental break. Why would someone not want to hear this?!

"She told me she worked in the morning
And started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath