Forever Alone

Luckily you kept your job, and worked a few extra hours to make up for your absence. Thank goodness your boss was pretty understanding.

"(Y/N)!" Jyushimatsu tackled you to the floor. "You came back!"

"Of course I came back, you're my friends...right?"

"You bet we are! Well, unless you'd rather be a Karamatsu girl." Karamatsu slid his shades down to his nose.

"Are those colored contacts?!" you shouted.

"Even (Y/N) finds you painful!" Osomatsu fell over, clutching his head. "It hurts!"

"Why do you insist on calling me painful?!"

"So...who wants to go to the café I work at?" Todomatsu asked.

"You got a job?" You gave him an impressed look. "Congratulations!"

"Yeah, if only you guys could work as hard." He stuck out his tongue.

"Hey! I'm looking for jobs too!" Choromatsu insisted.

"Oh yeah? What have you applied for?" He didn't respond. "That's what I thought."

"Are we going or not?" you asked timidly.

"Sure, whatever." Ichimatsu seemed to be back to his normal self again. "Lead the way."

As you walked down the street, you saw three figures sitting on a mat. "Rental girlfriends?" you read out loud as the sextuplets berated them. You started walking again, only to do a double-take. Was that Chibita dressed in drag?!

"Hurry up, (Y/N)! Don't let the uglies burn your eyes out!" Oh, they really were that stupid.

"Good times, good times," Osomatsu muttered as you arrived at the café.

"Good times?! I could've lost my job, you idiots!" Todomatsu stomped inside with a dejected look. "Those girls were cute, too!"

"Can we order hotdogs?" Jyushimatsu asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you, they don't have hotdogs!"

"Why noooot?"

"It's a café, I guess." Karamatsu pulled you into a corner.

"Wha-"

"Listen (Y/N), I-"

"I am NOT becoming your Karamatsu girl," you deadpanned, trying to get your arm back.

"No, not that! It's Ichimatsu." You raised an eyebrow. "He's been acting weird ever since you showed up. We haven't seen him this happy in a long time."

"What?" You glanced over at Ichimatsu, who was trying to shove Jyushimatsu off his waist. "He looks the same to me."

"You don't understand! When you called us your friends earlier, he almost smiled!"

"What? I don't...oh my god." Your eyes grew huge. "You're kidding."

"No, I'm not. Alright, (Y/N)," he took your hand and looked you in the eye, "I'm not sure what it is, but there's something different about you. You probably think I'm painful, but...I need to look out for my little brother. Keep up what you're doing." You nodded dumbly, walking back to the rest of the group. "Oh, and if you hurt him, I will not hesitate to hit a girl."

"Noted."

"Oh, you're back! You have to try the parfait, it's delicious!" Jyushimatsu cried. "Right, Ichimatsu nii-san?"

"Right." He gave a curt nod in response. "I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first, but I did."

"Sounds like a plan." After you ate, you headed back to the Matsuno household. "What do you guys want to do now?"