Triangle

"Hey, you've got to hide your love away
Hey, you've got to hide your love away..." Karamatsu bowed as you clapped.

"That was amazing! How's your job, by the way?"

"It's great! I'd be a bigger loser if you hadn't helped me with that!" He hugged you tightly. "I can't thank you enough."

"You don't have to thank me! I just want you and your brothers to be happy."

"You're amazing, (Y/N)."

"Grr..." Ichimatsu broke a cat's toy in half. "Who would want to hang out with Shittymatsu?"

"I'm with you on that one!" Todomatsu hung upside down off the couch. "I mean, she seems to like him well enough, but I don't think she has a crush on him or anything."

"Yeah, she has a crush on Ichimatsu nii-san!" Jyushimatsu cheered.

"She does not!" Ichimatsu turned his back on them. "As if anyone could ever love me."

"Hey guys, you'll never believe this!" Karamatsu nodded to you. "Guess who got a job!"

"Him?!" Osomatsu choked on whatever he was eating. "Painful got an actual job?!"

"Yeah, I think it's wonderful!" You patted his head. "It's great that he found work in an environment he's comfortable with!"

"Where do you work?" Todomatsu asked.

"Like I'd tell you," Karamatsu sneered. "You aren't taking the joy out of my life."

"So you don't want us to take (Y/N) out of your life?"

"Come on," you sighed, "it's not like we're da-" Karamatsu just blushed furiously at the question, "-ting. I just thought it would be nice to get him a job."

"What about the rest of us?"

"Deal with it." You rolled your eyes. "Karamatsu, I need to go to my job. I hope I'll see you later!"

"Y-yeah! Bye!"

As soon as you walked out the door, Ichimatsu yanked him up by the collar. "What the fuck are you trying to do, Shittymatsu?!"

"Wha-" He started choking, grabbing at his neck frantically. "N-nothing!"

"Bullshit!"

"Put him down, nii-san! You're hurting him!" Jyushimatsu tugged on his sleeve. He scowled, dropping him.

"What's gotten into you?!" Osomatsu shouted. "You could've killed him!"

"He's obviously jealous," Choromatsu stated matter-of-factly. Todomatsu nodded in agreement.

"I am not!" Ichimatsu gave him a death glare.

"Yes, yes you are. You're mad because (Y/N) is hanging out with Karamatsu more."

"You know she doesn't like him that way! And I'm pretty sure he doesn't, either!"

"Screw you!" Ichimatsu stomped into their room.

"I swear, all of us except for him knows she is falling for him," Osomatsu sighed. "He just won't understand that Karamatsu is not trying to get with (Y/N)."

"Yeah, but it's because..." Todomatsu trailed off. "Oh no."

"What?!" Karamatsu shouted.

"You like (Y/N)," Choromatsu breathed.

"What?! No I don't! Don't you know there is plenty of other Karamatsu girls for me to find?!" He let out a huff, taking out his shades.

"Knock it off, you aren't fooling any of us." Todomatsu crossed his arms. "You keep serenading and hugging her, and looking at her in the way you'd look at someone you love."

"I..." Karamatsu's jaw dropped, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Cut the crap, you know she likes Ichimatsu."

"For some reason," Osomatsu added.

"You think I don't know that?!"

"Even if she did love you, you'd still look for Karamatsu girls."

"No I would not!" he shouted. "Sh-she's different! I'd never do that!"

"You really do love her, nii-san?" Jyushimatsu stopped smiling.

"Maybe it's for her looks," Todomatsu shrugged.

"NO!" Karamatsu shouted. "How could you think I'd stoop that low?! I don't care about looks!" He swallowed. "She understands me! She doesn't call me painful or cringe-worthy, she actually wants to be around me unlike you guys! You know what? I'm done!" He stomped out, slamming the door to their room.

"Are we...are we really that bad?" Osomatsu whispered.

"Yeah, we are. We've failed at being brothers."

"But I like Karamatsu nii-san!" Jyushimatsu cried. "He shouldn't be sad!"

"What are we going to do?" Choromatsu started biting his nails.

"I don't know, I just don't know."

---

"Finally!" You walked to the Matsuno household, a little spring in your step. "Hello?" You knocked on the door.

"(Y/N)!" Jyushimatsu tackled you for the billionth time. "You sure do love coming here!"

"Of course I do, you're my friends! Now please get off." He did so, smiling. "May I come in?"

"Of course!"

You looked around, seeing all of them except for Ichimatsu. "Where's your brother?"

"He's been in his room for hours," Jyushimatsu replied sadly. "Maybe you could talk to him?"

"I will." You walked down the hallway, stopping at his door. "I hope he's okay." You knocked twice.

"Go away, Jyushimatsu!" Ichimatsu shouted.

"Ichi, it's me."

"(Y/N)?" He opened the door just a crack. "What are you doing here?"

"Coming to see you."

"Oh." He opened the door all the way.

"Thank you." You walked in, only to stop. His face wasn't emotionless as usual, it was sad. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?" Ichimatsu sat next to you. "Nothing's wrong."

"You're lying. Please, Ichimatsu? I care about you, let me help!"

"There's a first. Okay..." he turned to face you, "do you love Karamatsu?"

"Wh-what?!" You almost fell over in shock. "No way!"

"Then why do you keep seeing him instead of me?"

"He's my friend, and I like hearing him play!" you sighed. "You're like a brother to me." Brother is the strongest bond you can have between somebody without being romantic, I hope he understands.

"O-oh," he mumbled, looking away.

It hurt so much to say that! I basically friendzoned him! Why can't I just be honest?! "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Ichimatsu whispered. "Thanks for caring about me." He wrapped his arms around you, and you gladly returned the hug.

"You're welcome." He smelled like lavender. You started to move away, only for him to pull you closer. "Wha?"

"J-just...just stay here a little while longer."

"Sure thing." You rubbed his back, making him purr. He's so cute!

"I mean it, (Y/N). Thank you."

"Thank you, too." I do love him.

Osomatsu stared through the crack in the door, smiling fondly.