I'm caught in your eyes

"Hi mum" she wasn't even dreading this.
"This is how I find out?" as she breathed in.
"Sorry.. I didn't know how to explain it or talk about it when I was back"
"I wish you had come to me if you needed me" her mother was amazing, scary but caring. She took care of 4 children almost single handed as her dad worked but her dad and mum were goals. Dancing at night around the kitchen, joking around and always holding hands no matter who was around.
"Sorry Mrs Flynn" right beside her, he was so cute with worry.
"Are you both coming back before the wedding?" as he nodded and she giggled.
"Ok good I will make you both a good meal, you are both looking skinny. Call me if you need anything" as she heard Jia and Alexander fighting in the background.
"Bye mum, love you" as she smiled at him after her mum hung up.

"We are going back huh?" as she giggled.
"I like your family plus you miss them" sometimes he read her too well.
"We haven't planned for any breaks" she looked at him.
"Day trip then" as he eyed her.

They had welcomed him when her mum had seen him waiting for her, inviting him to wait inside. Jia and Alexander were twins, in university and her youngest brother was just finishing highschool. He saw Ji-Hoon in him which he attributed to why she was so protective of them.

"You are the first guy she has ever bought home" she smiled at him, the guy who had broken her daughters heart.
"Mum you don't know who he is?" Jia looked at her as her mum looked shocked.
"You do?" as Jia nudged Alexander.
"Wait here" as he rushed off coming back with what looked like a folder.
"Here" Jia and Alexander had pointed at the same time.
Flipping through it he caught glances at it wondering if she had any stashed away in their apartment.
"So you are on of the boys she collects?" as he eyed them. Jia and Alexander snickering.
She had walked in to what looked like an interrogation scene, he tilted his head when he saw her walk in and her shock had amused him.

Her mother had insisted that they stayed for dinner instead of going out. Jia and Alexander had made the most of it teasing her, her father was so laid back as well when he got home. He had made a beeline straight for her mum and kissed her, no matter who was around he went straight to her she had told him.

"So how did you meet?"
"She works with us" he glanced at her chatting to her dad about the news.
"How long?"
"About 4 years" as he watched Jia and Alexander glare at her, she had waved them off.
"What does she do exactly?"
"She is a manager"
"She doesn't manage her own life.." as her mum smacked Alexander over the head and he saw her smile about it.
"She manages Jin and our maknae line Jimin, Tae and Jungkook" as he watched Jias' face light up.
"Wait till you see her room then" Alexander laughed. He was curious after seeing the folder to what else she hid from him, her collection of photo cards that were neatly compiled and by year.

"And you two?"
"A year and a half" as he did the maths, it hadn't felt that long but since the moment he saw her again his whole life had flashed before him.

"Ready to go" she walked right up to him.
"I left something in your room, I need to get it" Alexander looked at her.
"You did not" she glared at him.
"My phone"
"What have you been doing in there?"
"Showing him this" as Jia held up the folder as she chased them around the lounge.
"They never change" her mum smiled up at him. "Thank you for looking after her" as Jia waved him over and he bid farewell to her mum.
Poking his head in the doorway, she begrudgingly led him to her desk to get his phone. Taking it they quickly left saying goodbye to him before pushing him into the room, hearing Jia giggle away.

"This is your room?" he noted the beautiful wooden shelves lined with DVDs and cds, he counted at least 5 shelves.
She nodded sheepishly..
"I could die right now you know" she breathe in and closed her eyes, scrunching her face like she was pretending it wasn't real as he chuckled.
"So did not see this coming, they had lead me to believe it was worse" as she peeped an eye at him. He ran his hands along the shelf of their merchandise from 2013 to present.
"How come.." as she trailed off.
"Your mum saw me and invited me in... but I don't get... where do you keep your merch at home?" him calling it home hadn't escaped her.
"It's in the closet up the top, why?" she looked up at him, his eyes landed right on her looking right into her soul.
"Just curious" his gazed locked on hers.