2

Anvi

I looked at Ronit Bajaj, the famous Industrialist everyone talked about so much in our college days. The girls around me used to befriend Neev just so that they can get close to him. I never liked that. And Neev too soon understood this.

 But now I know why they were obsessed with his looks. He is handsome. And the most striking feature of his body is his eyes. He has blue eyes and dark hairs, dark blond hairs. Yes, he had some Indian features. But if you pass from beside him no one can suspect that he is bred and bought up in the city of Mumbai.

"Thank you for coming Mr. Bajaj. You do not need to check up on me personally." I told him politely. He helped me sit down on the chair. "he was right for him to check on you. You looked pretty bad, like pretty badly beaten up. What happened to you?" He asked concerned, almost fooled me. He had almost fooled me. 

"Nothing, as Neev had said, it was an accident, someone attacked me. On the day of the graduation." I looked at him as he navigated through the apartment far easier than I have ever could.

He brought me a glass of water. And then I saw him pull something out of the cabinets. He knew this place well. Not even Neev could do it well. He placed something on the table in front of me. "Here drink this" I picked the glass from the table. I was shaking badly.

 He held it. "Here, let me help." He placed the glass on my lips and I drank few sips. "Thank you." I looked at him and he was looking over me at my face thinking about something.

I saw the contents of the plate he put on me. It was nothing much, just a small serving of snacks. I never knew they have it. "Have you seen a doctor?" He asked suddenly. "yes, Neev called a doctor and she checked me. She said it was bruised, I haven't broken anything of mine." It was a little compared to what I have been through. I could have died. I am lucky that Neev was there. I opened my eyes feeling his fingers on my bruised hand.

"I promised my brother that I will call him once I am here so that he can see you face to face. But now I see why you are trying to avoid him. It will be the best if he doesn't see you this way. Or else he is going to take out the guns." I laughed. 

"I wasn't joking Anvi, he does have guns and he will not hesitate to use them for purposes other than entertainment in the shooting range."

I shut up immediately. And then I looked at the time. I saw it was almost eleven in the night. "You shouldn't have come, you landed today Mr. Bajaj. Neev shouldn't have bothered you with my problems that too this late at night." He stood up and then walked towards me until he was standing in front of me. 

"He was bothered by your problems. And I cannot see my brother in distress. I love him more than anything in this world. Anvi, I love my brother. I have raised him; I am the one he came to whenever he was is in trouble. And tonight, he was in trouble how can I not have resolved that?"

"I think you should go now, and I think you should leave," I told him. "It is late, and..." "I am here to stay Anvi, this is my place. No one will question if I do." Why does he have to be stubborn? It is a quality both the brothers share.

 "Yes, they would not have if you are here alone, but you are not Mr. Bajaj. Trust me on this, you do not wish to tarnish your name for anything." I saw him getting comfortable on the couch. He can stay, I cannot say no to him. "Why are you stopping on my account? Finish it." He looked away again. And then he picked his phone probably to call someone.

"When did this incident happened?" He asked suddenly. "Three days ago," I remember how upset Neev was when he told me his brother won't be here. Now I know why. He was not just a brother to him; he was like a father figure in his life.