50

Anvi

I walked Ronit walk away. He was angry, I can tell that it came as a big shock to him. And not only that Neev too was shaken. I know that because I was too shaken to admit the fact that she can be the one behind all this. She is their mother. How could she kill their father? How could she be involved in killing mine? I cannot imagine anyone doing that.

Harsh came out of the room and hugged me. "I know he is angry but it is the usual emotion anyone would have gone through that. He might not have loved his stepmother as his own but this was the only family he has known. So, it had hurt him deeply." I looked at my mother-in-law. She looked distorted and worried. She was looking towards the glass again and again not realizing that I was still looking at her.

I walked towards the door. "I should talk to her." Harsh stopped me. "You shouldn't. It will only complicate this." I looked at him with a passive expression. "She is my mother-in-law. Even if we do not see eye to eye, I need to know why she had done this." I told him. "He was my father and I want to know why he had to be the one to be killed. Why? Why him? He was a good person; he loved his family."

Harsh held me as I cried. "I had suffered a lot because of this. My husband had suffered because of this, my best friend suffered because of this. I cannot do it anymore. I need answers and I need them now." I told him and before he can understand what I was doing I pushed him away and walked inside. My mother-in-law looked at me. She wasn't happy seeing me there. Neither was I.

"What else do you wish to take me away from you now? You have already taken both my sons away from me. Before you came into their lives everything was right. But now look at both my sons, they are unhappy and their lives are now in danger, all because of you." I chuckled. And she looked at me with anger.

"Sure, I am the one who is the suspect here," I told her sarcastically. "I am not guilty of the things they are saying about me. I haven't done it. I have nothing to do with anything they are saying." She said looking at me. "From where I am standing, they have the necessary evidence to book you for the crime and you are telling me that you are not even a bit responsible for my father's death. The person is sitting in front of me, and you expect me to believe that she had nothing to do with this entire thing?" I asked her.

She didn't say a word. I think I have made my point here. I think she understands where I am coming from as a child. I have seen my father gunned to death. He was my hero and now, I don't have my hero with me to show me the wonders of the world. And it hurts, very much. It hurts so very much.

"I didn't do it, Anvi. I never hurt your father or my husband. I respected him as a brother. Why do I kill him? He was my husband's partner in the airline business. Why do I do that?" She asked. 'Why do I wish to ruin a prosperous business opportunity? I am a businesswoman first, you know me Anvi" I smiled at that.

"With all respect, you never let me have an opportunity to do this. To know you properly. You never wanted me as a daughter-in-law. I was never good enough for you. If I was you would have urged your son to try, and not make me sign the divorce papers on the day of our marriage? We didn't even have a ritualistic marriage. It was a formality you did to save your face without knowing what we wanted. If it comes for you to save your face, you would throw your son under the bus. You have done it before, you can do it again." She didn't even protest against my allegations and that proves that I was correct about her intentions.

She is a businesswoman first, then why she would like to ruin this wonderful opportunity. "I agree you would not do something that can ruin your business." 'So, you agree that I wasn't the one who was responsible for this at all? Will you say this to Ronit? Ask him to forgive his mother. That she hasn't done anything wrong."