Chapter 5

You went down to the first floor, where also the canteen was, and met Iwaizumi and Oikawa on your way.

"There you are! We've been concerned that you might have been lost." Iwaizumi said.

"I was in the library." You shrugged your shoulders.

"Next time you probably shouldn't flirt in class." Oikawa chuckled as he threw an arm around your shoulders, walking into the canteen.

"Flirt? What are you talking about?" You raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

"Even I could hear you saying how interesting
Iwa-chan's eyes were." He mocked your voice saying interesting.

"I don't talk like that." You pushed his hand off your shoulders.

"Plus I was just complimenting him, learn the difference."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, (L/N)-chan." Oikawa smirked as he took a seat at the table.

"Leave her alone, Oikawa." Iwaizumi sighed and also sat down.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa were sitting there already.

"I was just joking." Oikawa smiled with closed eyes.

"Did you see the new article about Oikawa?" Matsukawa asked, trying not to laugh.

"They are writing articles about Oikawa-san?" You asked.

"His fanclub does. This time it's about his new hair gel." Matsukawa read out a little part of the article.

"How did they even know? That's crazy." Oikawa widened his eyes.

"It's called obsession." Hanamaki said, biting his apple.

"I can't even open my locker because of all those confession letters." Oikawa rolled his eyes.

"Oh no, nobody should go through such a thing." Iwaizumi said dramatically, making the others laugh.

"They also wrote that Oikawa is using a new cologne, but more details will be released in the next article." Matsukawa said.

"Why don't you tell them to stop?" You asked him and took a bite of your food.

"I have. They told me to stop being humble and accept the great things they do for me."

"Wow, okay."

"To be honest, I'm worrying about you." Hanamaki said.

"Yeah, they are looking like they are going to hunt you down." Matsukawa added.

"Guys, you know that not all of them are like that." Oikawa defended them.

"That doesn't matter. As long as there are some of your crazy fans, (L/N) won't be safe alone." Iwaizumi said, rolling his eyes.

The two other males agreed with Iwaizumi.

"Luckily, I know how to defend myself." You said, looking at all of them.

Hanamaki started to laugh at your statement.

"You don't know them, (L/N). Just make sure to be safe or you'll end up like-"

"Alright, that's enough now." Oikawa interrupted him and shot him a warning look.

Of course, you immediately noticed the change of tension between them.

After the long school day you were finally going to the gym with Iwaizumi and Oikawa.

You were changing into your outside shoes when you noticed a letter in your locker.

'No way.' You thought and laughed.

Shaking your head, you walked into the gym, where the boys were waiting for you.

"What's that in your hand?" Iwaizumi asked.

You handed him the letter.

After a few seconds, he also laughed.

"What's so funny about that?" Oikawa ripped the paper out of Iwaizumi's hand.

"Is she serious? Writing a letter, inviting you to eat lunch with them?" He asked, looking at you.

"As you can see. They really want me to join." You shook your head.

Suddenly you had to think back to the conversation with Aikawa this morning.

Her hatred towards Nakamoto wasn't normal.

You tilted your head, not listening to what Oikawa and Iwaizumi were saying.

Aikawa didn't seem to be someone, who hates other people for no reaon.

You knew there was more to this, so you grew curious.

Did Nakamoto bully her or something?

You had to find out.

Tomorrow in lunchtime.

After practice you went home with Iwaizumi.

Just as you entered the house, Iwaizumi growled.

"What's wrong?" You asked, taking off your shoes.

"My mom texted me, saying that she'll be late today. Means we'll have to order something in." He said.

"So, what would you like?" He turned around and looked at you.

"Whatever you take." You smiled.

While you were changing into different clothes, Iwaizumi ordered ramen and changed into shorts and a t-shirt.

After the food arrived, you sat at the coffee table in front of the TV and made yourselves comfortable.

"Say, Iwaizumi-san,-"

"Just Iwaizumi is enough." He cut you off, eating of his ramen.

"Well, Iwaizumi, why are you so shy about compliments?" You asked, also eating while the TV was running in the background.

"What do you mean?"

"You tend to blush quickly, I've noticed that. I thought you were getting shy whenever someone complimented you." You looked at him.

"Oh, that. It's just that I don't really get compliments, so it's kinda catching me off guard, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Also, Oikawa is around me 24/7. No wonder people don't notice me. It's alright though. I don't like attention anyway." He smiled to himself.

Seeing this side of him made him even more sympathetic.

Knowing that he wasn't one of those who wanted to be loved and known by everyone.

"As I said already, Iwaizumi, you're going to get all my attention while I'm here." You smiled brightly.

Again, his cheeks started to become a little pink.

"You'll get used to have all the attention."

"It's just a matter of time." He mumbled.

"What?" You tilted your head.

"Ugh, never mind. Just eat up, it's getting cold." He said.

"Whatever you say, Iwaizumi." You giggled.

After cleaning up a little, you took a shower and Iwaizumi's mother also arrived at home.

You didn't have anything to do for school, so you just hung out with Iwaizumi for the rest of the day, showing him funny memes all afternoon.

You wanted to give him the attention he deserved.

He deserved to feel special.
___________