Chapter 11

The next morning you and Iwaizumi walked with Oikawa, like you did always. But this time he was walking in crutches. Iwaizumi held his bag and you, well, there was nothing you could do.

"I hate this." He said for the fifth time in the last ten minutes.

"But now you have more time to study for the test." You tried to be positive, but he wasn't having that.

"No, I'm still gonna be in the gym, watching them play. Yahaba might need some advice since we still don't know wether I can play on Monday or not."

"That's true, but don't do anything stupid, Oikawa, or I'll break your legs myself." Iwaizumi said, to which you giggled.

"Iwaizumi being caring. My life feels complete now." You added.

You just saw Iwaizumi shake his head and smile to himself.

When you arrived at school, some of the fangirls asked what had happened to Oikawa.

Iwaizumi and you shared a look before deciding to leave him alone with his fans.

"He is a big boy. He can take care of himself." You said.

"And even if not, he's surrounded by enough people to help him."

"Are we going to study a little today?" You asked him, entering the class.

"Yeah, the earlier the better."

You sighed out in annoyance when the teacher entered the room, and minutes later Oikawa also came in.

"What did you do this time, Oikawa-kun?" The English teacher asked.

"Just sprained it, nothing too serious. But in order to heal as fast as possible, I'll walk on these."

"I see." She watched him as he was walking to his seat.

"I suppose Iwaizumi-kun is helping you out? Or do you need someone else's helping hand?"

"No, no it's okay. He's helping me out." Oikawa smiled.

She started the lesson.

In lunch break you sat with the boys. You couldn't always be in the library with Aikawa, since the boys would start to wonder what you were doing in there that often.

"Get well soon, Oikawa-san!" A girl shouted, and after that some more girls came up after one another, also in groups, just to say the same thing.

"They really are exaggerating." Hanamaki said.

"Literally, it's just sprained and they are acting as if he got into a deathly accident." Iwaizumi added.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what his fanclub has prepared." Matsukawa laughed.

Right, his fanclub.

It felt like you were living a double life.

Being with Aikawa sometimes, without the boys knowing, and also being in touch with the fanclub, without the boys knowing.

You really hoped everything would work out somehow, but the situation felt really messy. Your goal was to somehow make the girls of the fanclub disclaim Nakamoto and make Aikawa be friends with the boys again. Whenever she talked about them, there was this certain tone in her voice. Like she was missing the old times. She was hurt and you wanted to help her.

After lessons, the boys had practice. If you had known that being a manager was this much work, you would have taken another club. But whatever, this made some things easier.

When the boys started their practice, you sat next to Oikawa on the bench, taking notes.

"Say, (L/N)-chan, has anyone made progress so far?" He asked you, scooting over to you and looking at your notes.

You looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"You do realize that it only has been one week of practice, right?"

"Yeah, and?" He said, acting as if making progress was easy.

"Don't be too hard on them or yourself, Oikawa, seriously." You shook your head.

"No one has made progress so far, not even you. And if you keep on pushing yourself, you will hurt more than just this injury."

"You don't understand this. It's our last year and we haven't been to nationals yet. This is our last chance."

"I'm sure you'll get greater chances to prove yourself. Highschool volleyball is not the end."

He sighed out and smiled at you.

"How can you find such comforting words, even though it's not your mother tongue?"

You felt your cheeks heat up a little and looked back on your notes.

"I learned hard." You answered shortly.

"Okay everyone let's wrap up here! Good job." The coach said when the time was up and left the gym to the boys.

After cleaning up, Iwaizumi locked the gym and the three of you made your way home. Oikawa came with you, since you all decided to start studying for the upcoming test.

Walking home you got a message from Aikawa.

Library Meet-up
Tomorrow library in lunch break?

Been waiting for this message of yours.
Sure.
_________________